GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
This might be reason enough to ride in a "duster"!!

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Nice :thumbup:

Stand by for Anti American / and Anti Gun Board Tards in 3-2-1.

:cop2::cop2:

·
Registered
156 Posts
He better have cruise control.Because that pee shooter is on the wrong side.:eek:4:
He may have one on the other side. Dual pistols were popular in them days.

·
Registered
478 Posts
That's open carry, even in Ohio. However, in/on a vehicle, open or concealed carry requires a permit. ...

http://opencarry.org/oh.html
If it were open carry, you would not need a license in Ohio.

Not to quibble but of course legal issues (and arrests) are built on quibbling.

In or on any motor vehicle is considered "concealed" in Ohio, even if it's glued to the windshield. Concealed required a license in Ohio, open carry does not.

When we first had legal concealed carry here in Ohio, the firearm still had to be "in plain sight" even though you had a "concealed handgun license". That insanity was removed a few years ago. However, "In plain sight" is still concealed by Ohio law if you are in or on a motor vehicle.

Please don't ask me to explain Ohio lawmaker's reasoning :joke:, that's impossible.

Ken

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ken, Are you sure you understand the difference between concealed and open ? One can't be seen, kinda think pasted on the windshield would be out in the open and NOT hidden(concealed) ? Simple understanding of the words, NOT "quibbling" as you call it.
Ohio Law excerpt:

Firearms may be openly carried in cars only with a permit/license.
:?:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ken, Are you sure you understand the difference between concealed and open ? One can't be seen, kinda think pasted on the windshield would be out in the open and NOT hidden(concealed) ? Simple understanding of the words, NOT "quibbling" as you call it.
Ohio Law excerpt:

Firearms may be openly carried in cars only with a permit/license.
:?:

Yes, **I** understand the plain English meaning of open and concealed. But as a lawyer once said, "do not confuse logic with the law". By Ohio law, any loaded handgun is automatically concealed if it is in or on a motor vehicle. Even if it is "in plain sight" it is still considered "concealed".

Your "Ohio Law excerpt" is misleading in that there is no such thing as "openly carried" in/on a vehicle by Ohio law. Oh, BTW, an empty gun with a loaded magazine locked in the trunk is still considered "loaded" by Ohio law.

Don't get me started about the complexities of Ohio law!

Ken

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like the thought of open carry.

But, if you ride a bike like this, shouldn't you carry spare parts or cans of oil instead?

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Some people just can't be humored. :roll:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Looks to me like there has been an accidental discharge or two. I think he should learn to lower the hammer before holstering. He has shot his fender. :lol:

Kinda neat. But needs to be on the left side, provided you need it while moving. Otherwise cool. No one would mess with you anyway, a motorcycle and a six shooter. They would not mess with you.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Looks to me like there has been an accidental discharge or two. I think he should learn to lower the hammer before holstering. He has shot his fender. :lol:

Kinda neat. But needs to be on the left side, provided you need it while moving. Otherwise cool. No one would mess with you anyway, a motorcycle and a six shooter. They would not mess with you.

Come on kit.....now you know there is no such thingas an AD......now a NDwould be more accurate. :thumbup: :joke:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I'm more of a practical guy who thinks it wastes time taking my hands off the bar the find me pistol'a.

I want these mounted to my bike so all I have to do is hit the trigger to clear the dam road. :thumbup:

You try and open that door when I'm lane splitting and I'll riddle that SOB ahh ha ha haaa.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts