GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Laughlin Last week from Wichita KS. Had a great ride took our time going out 4 days 400 miles per day meandering thru New mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona. This is a great time of year the weather was great and had no traffic or crowds at the parks. The rally was good also. All of the normal suppliers and very mellow. Was able to walk to everything. Side trips were good too. Oatman is a must see as well as the poker run in Havasu. The 4 of us all went home in differant directions. With the wing I went north thru Vegas to Colorado, had to get in one more day of snow sking with my son. Did 803 miles in 13 hours to Georgetown, CO. Found out there is one option the wing does not have. A DEFROSTER, in the snow the windshield froze up on me. Any ideas? Also a motorcycle helmet works good as a ski helmet. Will never leave home with out my Warm and Safe Gear, was nice and toasty. If anyone ever thought about a chopper go with a Big Dog. We arrived in Laughlin on Wednesday, Thursday morning a buddy found out his mom died. went by Big Dogs setup, mentioned what happened and Scott didnt even flinch said bring your bike over and we strapped it in the semi. Said pick it next wednesday. No hassle, no charge just great guys helping out a fellow biker, brand or make did not make a differance. Ended up doing 3400 miles in 8 days.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wow, that sounds like quite a ride you went on. Someday I would like to make it to Laughlin. Great way to start the riding season. I will concur on the BigDog thing. I had one a few years ago. I had to sell it to get a bike that my daughter could ride a little bit better. I will say, there has never been a dealership that treated me any better then the guys down at the BigDog store there in Wichita. Someday I will own another one. It was good to hear what they did for your friend, just confirms my thoughts about them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts