GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 67 degrees today I finally got Laurie out for her first ride of the season. Lots of changes since her last ride. We put on about 70 miles and dinner in there somewhere. Couple of things to note...after an hour, she was ready to still keep moving...that was one positive. Second was just being more comfortable in general. What changed you ask...

Well first, I had a different "stock seat" with this one being a heated from an 06. Its the one I did the heat mod for so i can have heat on my 2005. It seems to be a little more plush than my other stock seat. Not a lot, but some. Then, even though we didn't think about it, I had put on the added back rest for the passenger after riding season last year. I think it was the mustang back rest add-on or something like that. AT any rate, about the time we almost got home it dawned on me that was on there. when I mentioned it, she said yes, that is part of it and it really helped her back and seat area sitting differently.

Lastly, she got to use the heated seat! OOOOO she was liking that little toasty feeling. :) Ride started out at 67 and was down to 54 by the time we got home. Heat for her was a necessity. heated seat, my heated jacket...all was good (could have used my heated pants though...she was getting cold)

So all in all a good start to the season.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Good deal Dave!!!! Always great to hear of someone getting their bike dialed in!!

So tell me when are we going to get together for some dogs :shrug: You are going to have to call it I think your schedule is a little tighter than mine :lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
A very good start to the season indeed .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal Dave!!!! Always great to hear of someone getting their bike dialed in!!

So tell me when are we going to get together for some dogs :shrug: You are going to have to call it I think your schedule is a little tighter than mine :lol:
going to be a little bit. next weekend is Easter and a girls weekend. the following weekend is our anniversary weekend and we are headed to Galena (no not on the bike). Following weekend is a girls weekend again, then the ride in. One of the next two I need to get to my parents in Winona MN.

It could be June before I can either call or attend another RTE... :(

some day...

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
That's the way it goes some times!!

Keep checking the board as my guess Curtis will call one for Jersey's in Beloit soon and that is a Wednesday RTE!! Evening of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts