GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out the dealership for my area changed owners and they are now owned by Mountain Motorsports. I talked to the GM, found out they will be moving near the bestbuy at the mall of Georgia into a large building and they will carry Honda, Can-Am , Polaris, Suzuki, Yamaha and Ducati. The old location was a real pain to get to only 12 miles away but here in Atlanta 12 miles can take an hour. Now only 6 miles away and 15 mins,. Wanted to share this info for those who live near the Mall of GA.Ride - on, GABlue........

·
Registered
521 Posts
Lawrenceville

I noticed the new name a few weeks ago when the web page I went to said "page has changed". The show room floor has always been so packed you can not get a good look at a bike if it was not on the end of the row. I hope they don't go downhill with sales and service.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I always feel like I'm interupting a circle-jerk when I go in there.

Customers over 40 seem to be invisible

The exception was Jody a super sales lady.
She talked to Nancy about five minutes and sold us a new Wing

·
Registered
210 Posts
very high rent district! this kind of a location means much higher prices or going out of business. shame because they would really deal on wings.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jody is the best over the past 30 yrs I've bought 19 bikes from her, followed Jody from her last 3 sales jobs. I'm also glad they keep the service manger he always took good care of me. The old owners of this dealership were so cheap, they would in the summer not turn on the A/C and it would get to 85% and in the winter make you freeze your a$$ off. Dont get me wrong I liked them, Wendy is my nextdoor's god mother and is a sweethart but they watched ever penny. Mike the new owner is trying to be the next Donald Trump of the bike world. We'll see....

·
Registered
898 Posts
I guess all good things eventually end. I've bought several Goldwings there and have been treated well. Hope the new owners are good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Atlanta Motor World in Roswell

Atlanta Motor World in Roswell was purchased by the same group - it looks like they bought up a lot of the non Harley Dealerships in Atlanta ......

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hope they don't move

Purchased my Gold Wing new from them. I'm 64. LOL. Always got noticed going in. They are doing lots of work in the two buildings. Looking good. Hope they change mind about moving. Best way to them now is not off 316.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mountain Motorsports

Someone with Mountain Motorsports called me the other day to say hello and please stop in and see them. The said they had bought out the old owners, etc. When I asked if they were moving over near the Mall of Georgia, they wanted to know where I heard that, told them on this website. This person said they are not moving. They seemed very nice.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of sad to see them get bought out. I mostly do my own work, but they've been my go-to shop for parts and accessories, etc., for a long time now.

As others have said, Jody was the best. She and my wife got to be friends because they're both cancer survivors. Jody is still working there part time, but she's not in sales anymore. She's just working the phones. Too bad, she was the best sales person there. So personable, and a hugger!

My favorite guy in the parts department, Robert, is gone. Both "good" Chris and "evil" Chris are still working in the service shop.

I sure hope they don't move. Doesn't make any sense since they've been making a bunch of changes inside the existing buildings since they moved in. Doubt they'd do that if they were planning to move.

We're in our 60s and they never ignore my wife and I. You've just got to engage; get to know people, take an interest, and make friends.

Sure hope they don't change too much.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yup... they're definitely moving

Well... it looks like they are definitely moving.

I was just there last weekend picking up a new battery for the Wing and got to talking with Zack in parts and Jeff in sales.

They plan to move to a new 57,000 ft-sq facility near the Mall of Georgia in about a year and a half, so that puts it about mid-2016 or so.

They just don't have enough room in the current facility.

Bummer! They've been my dealer for a long time. It will be a lot further drive for me after they move.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I quess I let the cat out of the bag a little early, it's only about a 10 mile move and the only other Honda dealer that I know of is in Gainesville. GABlue1800

·
Registered
521 Posts
Athens, GA dealer

Just for added info, there is the Athens dealer - Cycle World of Athens - a Harley-Davidson, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Polaris motorcycle and powersports dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE, I was told they are now going to be in the Tile outlet building behind Golden Corral off hwy20 just across 985 from where they though they would move , might be in it as soon as Aug or Sept, huge building so tons of room.The move will only take 2 days and a moving company will handle it all, I just had my 2012 in for leaking coolant hose, they had to check all 38 of the hose clamps to make sure I'm good to go Chris said he didnt want me in weeks later just because they did'nt check them all. They also checked the ground under the gas tank . This is why I like this service dept they will go above what is asked they even lubed the shift linkage, checked air cleaner and flushed the clutch because Chris did'nt like the way it shifted NO CHARGE to me. I did pay for a break flush and a valve check that was it. By the way at 165,000 all in spec.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They're Moving this August

Just stopped by the shop today and talked to the service department.

The move is now definitely scheduled for this August. They're moving to the location that GAblue1800 mentioned.

Lot farther drive for me, but they're still the closest Honda dealer to me.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Move Delayed until After the Holidays

Talked with Jody when I got my SMC recall work done a week ago.

Their move has now been delayed until January/February 2016.

They didn't want to lose out on holiday sales through theThanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Move is 3rd Week of January

Just visited the dealership last week and talked to Jody again.

The move is now scheduled for the 3rd week of January. That's next week!

They are seriously marking down prices on bikes in stock so they don't have to move them all. Might be worth a trip this week before they move.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Someone with Mountain Motorsports called me the other day to say hello and please stop in and see them. The said they had bought out the old owners, etc. When I asked if they were moving over near the Mall of Georgia, they wanted to know where I heard that, told them on this website. This person said they are not moving. They seemed very nice.
Check them out about the end of this month which is next week and you will find them just off sattelite blvd. just south of the park and ride lot.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I talked to Jody again a week ago at the Great American Motorcycle Show.

The move has been delayed once again since the interior construction in their new building up west of the Mall of Georgia is not completed yet. (Contractor is behind schedule and being financially penalized by the day!) I rode up there a couple of weeks ago to look at the place. Doesn't really seem that they will have that much more space than they have at their current location.

All six Mountain Motorsports locations are closed for inventory from February 4th through February 8th.

If the building is ready, the physical move for the old Lawrenceville Honda location is now scheduled for the week of February 21st to the 27th.

That's the latest...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts