GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a motorcycle friendly storage facility near LAX. Need space for a Goldwing and a mc towable trailer for a few months from about October to March.

Thanks, anjin

·
Vendor
18,413 Posts
What ... leaving your Wing behind for months. Oh, I know what you're doing. Leaving the Wing behind and flying to New Zealand to rent one to ride the best riding roads in the world.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well actually the plan is to ride it there, leave it for the winter and come back and visit it when i have time. Weather in Cali is much better than at home in January. Besides i have a 1200gs to play with back home. Still looking for a storage place????

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Google and ye shall find however,
Quote from a response to an RV owner looking for the same:
Most of the area around LAX is one of two things- you don't want to be there even in daylight in a bullet proof vest or the area towards the beach which is way expen$$$$ive. You might want to review why you want the LAX area and check some other areas.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
There's an Eagle Rider very close to LAX. Look 'em up on the Eagle Rider website and give them a call. Maybe they'll store it for you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Try the area around Orange County Airport.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
BS, not all of the area aroound LAX is bad. I understand why you want LAX and not Orange county if your coming in on international flights. How about renting a unit at a storage facility. They only require a copy of your registration to show its yours and you lock it in yourself. The areas are secured and I assume you carry insuranc eanyway. I kept both my bikes in a storage facility in the heart Santa Ana which is a hell of lot worse than LAX / El Segundo area for 6 months while we shopped for a new home. Worked out great and didnt cost alot. It was also accessable from 6 am til 10 pm so access was never an issue when I flew in.

I rented a 10x15 but that was for my wing, Vrod, escapade and a bunch of garage items as well.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
BS, not all of the area aroound LAX is bad. I understand why you want LAX and not Orange county if your coming in on international flights. How about renting a unit at a storage facility. They only require a copy of your registration to show its yours and you lock it in yourself. The areas are secured and I assume you carry insuranc eanyway. I kept both my bikes in a storage facility in the heart Santa Ana which is a hell of lot worse than LAX / El Segundo area for 6 months while we shopped for a new home. Worked out great and didnt cost alot. It was also accessable from 6 am til 10 pm so access was never an issue when I flew in.

I rented a 10x15 but that was for my wing, Vrod, escapade and a bunch of garage items as well.
Since most of us have BS syndrome-maybe you could actually give the name(s) & location(s) of these storage facilities that are near/at LAX that are in good areas ,since that is what the OP is asking for:shrug:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Dawg--- Try Google... I have worked in this area heavily over the last 25 years. Youd have to be afraid of your own shadow to think you need a vest in E Segundo. People must watch too many scarey movies. He wants near LAX because he is obviously comming in on an international flight.

Public Storage

(310) 322-0811 -

Everest Storage -
everestworld.com

(310) 643-7788 -

Extra Space Storage -
extraspace.com

(310) 615-1042 -

California Storage Masters -
local.yahoo.com

(310) 414-9294 -
Distances run 2 miles to 20 miles which in Ca is very close when things move at 85 mph

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have lived in LA area for 33 years and my experience with LAX is that it offers less for more money. everything from gas to restaurants are more expensive just because they are near the airports storage should be no exception. I would suggest finding a place few miles down the road in Torrance or Ingelwood and save yourself some money. There is a storage right on 405 and Ingelwood exit within 10 minutes of LAX. by the way are you looking for covered parking?
here is what i found on craig lsit
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/aos?query=storage&srchType=A

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Does anybody else find it interesting that the people telling you it's a bad area don't live anywhere near LAX, notev en in California? I've lived in LA all of my 64 years, not 20 minutes from LAX for nearly 20 of them. If you ride a motorcycle, you take much greater risks than any lurking in the mean streets of LAX and its environs! :eek:4:

If it were me, I'd look into the Eagle Rider facility I mentioned before. It's on La Cienega Blvd., Hawthorne (800) 501-8687, just 3 miles from the airport. They can be sure the battery stays charged, etc. If all you want is passive storage, Joseph has laready provided several possibilities.

I hope you have a good trip, wherever you're going.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Thanks for all the responses, will digest them and figure out a solution. Just trying to find a convenient storage location close to flights as someone pointed out. Appreciate all the input.

Anjin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts