GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won a pair at Rockies Gold last year. Used them for the first time on a long distance ride yesterday(450 miles).

I could not believe the difference they made in my personal comfort. I was comfortable all day riding and things actually stayed in place. I will be wearing them on all my LD rides. Just sayin ya gotta try them.

Fred

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Won a pair at Rockies Gold last year. Used them for the first time on a long distance ride yesterday(450 miles).

I could not believe the difference they made in my personal comfort. I was comfortable all day riding and things actually stayed in place. I will be wearing them on all my LD rides. Just sayin ya gotta try them.

Fred

I wore the tights during my IBA rides last September and the additional 3500 miles before going home. Kept me nice and warm and dry. Wore the tights again in Florida for the Gator1000 in the rain and 44 degree cold. Very comfortable.

I wear the shorts now and do not get any burning sensation even after 6 or 8 hours in the high 80's.

:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Yes they do work just fine, don't they? I was a bit cautious at spending $50 for a pair of riding drawers, but I figured that "the boys" and my ample heinie were worth all the comfort that they could get. I am going to buy me another pair so that when on overnighters I can always have a clean and dry pair to wear the next day. The LD's and my sheep skin saddle blanket and I am good all day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
LD not for me

Have tried to use the LD and have not been pleased. They are to confining and hot for my taste.

·
Registered
394 Posts
very happy with them. much more comfortable than cotton for long or short rides.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes they do work just fine, don't they? I was a bit cautious at spending $50 for a pair of riding drawers, but I figured that "the boys" and my ample heinie were worth all the comfort that they could get. I am going to buy me another pair so that when on overnighters I can always have a clean and dry pair to wear the next day. The LD's and my sheep skin saddle blanket and I am good all day.
I've got a pair that I'd love to sell. They're 2X (I think). They were tights with long legs butbi trimmed them last year.

I still use LD Comfort but I can't wear them because my waist has shrunk.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Have tried to use the LD and have not been pleased. They are to confining and hot for my taste.

I went for a ride today, was sunny with temps in the high 80's but before I left I soaked the entire long sleeve shirt in warm water in the sink, wrung it out & put it on then put on my Motoport kevlar mesh pants, jacket & gloves. Was actually chilly for a while just cruising around at 60 with the baker wings & windshield vent open. The shirts fit like any other t-shirts I have, the shorts fit snug so there is no bunching but they still have plenty of stretch left. I ordered them per the sizing directions on their website and used a tape measure rather than going off other clothing sizes. This stuff is great & with the kevlar mesh goes about 3 hrs before needing wetted down again, would no doubt go longer with textile. Nothing like almost shivering riding past cages full of people giving you looks like you must be crazy & burning up in all that gear, if they only knew lol :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I won't ride without them now. I also always ride with their helmet liner "do-rag", helps my bald head! They wash easy, dry overnight and I always take two pair. great.

I should be 12 pair, one for every month of the year!! :joke::joke:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Just got my pair . . . . WOW, they feel great! Should be a great addition for my long distance riding comfort! :thumbup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I enjoy them on a ride, but they are unbelievably warm and long legged to walk around in when not riding. After riding to Wing Ding, I found a local Walmart and acquired some lighter under shorts for foot work.

Back home I have drawer full of normal under shorts. I wish I had had the time to test them before the long trip and would have known that regular stuff should be packed as well.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My first experience with them was on an IronButt SS1000. Amazing difference!

For those who experience discomfort or heat, I wonder what you're wearing over them.

I've only owned them a couple of months and only use them on longer rides. So far, used them twice; once with just my Sliders Kevlar Mesh pants over them (SS1000), and once with silk gym shorts and my Sliders pants over em. Both times it was in the 90's with high humidity. I was much MUCH cooler than I would've been with regular underwear or with jeans over em. Jeans are so hot. Maybe that's the difference. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I agree that they can be warmer, probably because they fit snugly. But still better once riding. I really noticed the difference on longer rides. For a half day ride with frequent stops, I can wear anything, but the LD really make a difference on the long ride. Just as comfortable after 8 hours as they are at the beginning.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Am I missing something here. At 50 bucks a pair for drawers see high. I change mine everyday. At that rate on a week trip you need 7 pair. Thats 350 bucks just for underware. Unless y'all are wearing dirty drawers or washing them every night.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
LD Comfort shorts are great! I ride ATGATT except for jeans. I'm sure I am sacrificing some comfort and would be better off in some mesh pants but I just can't bring myself to do that.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've got the shorts and use them under First Gear mesh riding pants. I only break out the shorts for rides longer than 2-3 hours and can really tell the difference. 8-10 hours in the saddle is no problem at all (coupled with the Wally World gel pad).

I have one pair of shorts. They wash easily in a sink with cold water (I carry a small bottle of baby shampoo to wash them with). In a hotel room, in front of the AC unit, they will be bone dry in the morning. If you roll them up tightly in a towel, they will be mostly dry with damp elastic and can be worn right away. A pair a day is not necessary. Two pair may be a little more convenient, but I have never had a problem with finding a sink and a few minutes to wash them, even when moto-camping. :yes1:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Am I missing something here. At 50 bucks a pair for drawers see high. I change mine everyday. At that rate on a week trip you need 7 pair. Thats 350 bucks just for underware. Unless y'all are wearing dirty drawers or washing them every night.
Yep you are missing a lot of comfort while long distance riding. After one long day in the saddle I'm convinced. Like other post have said you only need one pair, they wash easily and are dry the next morning.

Fred

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

Fred
Fred,

I hope you aren't lobbying to be the LD Comfort spokes-person around here because Bubba1 is going to get his panties in a wad. Otherwise, he'd be right proud of you carrying the LDC flag in his absence.

I'm so proud of mine, I show 'em to people going down the road (it was laundry night).

They are a good product and I've learned to like the tights more than the shorts.

Z

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Yep you are missing a lot of comfort while long distance riding. After one long day in the saddle I'm convinced. Like other post have said you only need one pair, they wash easily and are dry the next morning.

Fred
Good procedure for drying LD Comforts??? Guess I didn't use the right one, mine were still damp the next morning, not a huge problem, wish they were dry....

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fred,

I hope you aren't lobbying to be the LD Comfort spokes-person around here because Bubba1 is going to get his panties in a wad. Otherwise, he'd be right proud of you carrying the LDC flag in his absence.

I'm so proud of mine, I show 'em to people going down the road (it was laundry night).

They are a good product and I've learned to like the tights more than the shorts.

Z
Nope, Bubba can have that title. I just wanted to share a great experience concerning a very good product.:thumbup:

Fred

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good to hear the positive comments, I ordered a pair for our trip south in a few weeks. Looking forward to trying them out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts