GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LDComfort Sleeves

We live in North Florida and ride a lot in south Georgia and south Alabama. In other words it is hot here in the summer time and we are always looking for ways to stay cool. A couple of weeks a go we ordered two pairs of LDComfort sleeves. I figured for $29 what do we have to lose. Today was the first day we have been able to ride since receiving the sleeves. It was perfect. The temperature ranged from 89 to 95, but was closer to 95 most of the day. We rode for 5 hours. It is recommended the sleeves be soaked in water and wrung out. It was further recommended that you wear a non-mesh jacket with all of the vents closed and only the cuffs open to allow air to flow over the sleeves and cool the air in your jacket. That is what we dfid for the first 2 hours and felt that the sleeves provided some cooling. For the remainder of the ride we opened the sleeve vents that are over the bicep area and the difference in the cooling affect was significant. We never got hot or even warm despite wearing black textile jackets. I don't work for LDComfort and have never received any free product from them. I just wanted to pass along our experience with real live testing. The sleeves definitely work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've ridden in LD Comfort apparel for years and I must say it really does help in so many ways. It keeps you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter with no seams to irritate your skin. Good stuff!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Besides the LD Comfort sleeves I'll often soak my t-shirt, but I ride with a mesh jacket. Today with temps between 84 and 87 degrees I felt a chill while riding.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I soak the LDComfort shirt and tights and zip up the Aerostitch Roadcrafter 1piece and I'm good to the next gas stop, usually. Been wearing LDComfort for a long time also. YMMV

Reactions: Glockjock
1 - 4 of 4 Posts