GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a little early in the year, but after talking to Wheels I think it might be a good time to call and get your reservations for the 2014 Oyster Fest. AKA Lead pencil run. It's held the third weekend in October. The 17, 18 and 19th 2014. From a reliable source there might be other groups that are catching on to this weekend of fun. So those from the board that are interested in going might want to call ASAP and get your rooms reserved now before it fills up...Some are going to be checking in Thursday and staying till Monday and some are checking in Friday and staying to Sunday or Monday. which ever you decide you might want to call now and make your reservations.
Don't forget to mention you're with the "Lead pencil ride" to get the special rate of $74.99
More info to follow
But for now call and get you reservation before all rooms are gone

Comfort Inn Beacon Hill
Solomons, MD

410-326-6303

Make sure you say Lead Pencil Run

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I know this is a little early in the year, but after talking to Wheels I think it might be a good time to call and get your reservations for the 2014 Oyster Fest. AKA Lead pencil run. It's held the third weekend in October. The 17, 18 and 19th 2014. From a reliable source there might be other groups that are catching on to this weekend of fun. So those from the board that are interested in going might want to call ASAP and get your rooms reserved now before it fills up...Some are going to be checking in Thursday and staying till Monday and some are checking in Friday and staying to Sunday or Monday. which ever you decide you might want to call now and make your reservations.
Don't forget to mention you're with the "Lead pencil ride" to get the special rate of $74.99
More info to follow

Comfort Inn Beacon Hill
Solomons, MD

410-326-6303

Well Bill I think this may b the last year for this since Wheels did all the planning for and is no long n the board.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well Bill I think this may b the last year for this since Wheels did all the planning for and is no long n the board.
Hi John I hope not but I read the Wheels & Charlie has been restored. " I hope "

·
Registered
502 Posts
WHAT?? :shock:

Someone care to enlighten me as to what this is all about? :shrug:
With very sad regret Wheels is no longer on this board but M Charlie is still on the board. I for one feel that Wheels will be surely missed.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yeah, thanks... I got the info from someone else, who shall remain anonymous.

I know that a few of us have felt like doing exactly the same as Jim has... and sometimes I wonder if we probably wouldn't better off if we did, as I think this board really has jumped the shark in re its usefulness for many of us. There are other ways besides this forum to remain in contact.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Yeah, thanks... I got the info from someone else, who shall remain anonymous.

I know that a few of us have felt like doing exactly the same as Jim has... and sometimes I wonder if we probably wouldn't better off if we did, as I think this board really has jumped the shark in re its usefulness for many of us. There are other ways besides this forum to remain in contact.
I will see you on Thurday and wheels will be there too

·
Registered
819 Posts
Just made my res. today.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I am looking forward to it, although might have to hire a ferry to enter that part of Maryland and avoid that easy to capture area on the toll bridge.

:evil: That is an inside joke between a few. Lol!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
More info to follow

Comfort Inn Beacon Hill
Solomons, MD

410-326-6303

This pass weekend I talked to a former member of this board who put this and many other rides together in the pass a friend to all well he is keeping his word this will go on. But as of this Friday August 1 2014 the rooms well be opened to another group of biker who will full it up so call the hotel. By the way this WILL BE THE LAST lead pencil I was told.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This pass weekend I talked to a former member of this board who put this and many other rides together in the pass a friend to all well he is keeping his word this will go on. But as of this Friday August 1 2014 the rooms well be opened to another group of biker who will full it up so call the hotel. By the way this WILL BE THE LAST lead pencil I was told.
Yes John you're right,, Anyone from our group that wants to attend might want to call for reservation ASAP.. I also heard that another group was going to be at the same hotel this year for the Oyster Festival.
As far as being the LAST lead pencil run, I'm sure you had some inside info on that one this past weekend. So I can't disagree with you. I can only say that I sure don't want to miss this year if that's true. It's been such a fun time had by everyone that has attended in the past. And it would be a shame to see it end. But as with everything, this made have run its course, I hate to see it end, but I understand.
Hope to see many of you there this year....
Bill

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay Honda John,
GOOD and I mean really GOOD news came my way this evening. It was my pleasure to meet up with the ever famous Wheels and his lovely bride. And he has informed me that this WILL NOT be the last Lead Pencil run. It might only be the last year it gets advertised as it has been the past 7 years. But it will continue...
Can't wait to see the regulars and any new people that might be attending. I need my oyster fix....
Oh yeah John, I was a little worried when I first saw him. It almost looked like he and his bride were wearing matching leather vests with all kinds of pins hanging down the front of it.
I'm wondering if he went over to the other side...lol

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
okay Honda John,
GOOD and I mean really GOOD news came my way this evening. It was my pleasure to meet up with the ever famous Wheels and his lovely bride. And he has informed me that this WILL NOT be the last Lead Pencil run. It might only be the last year it gets advertised as it has been the past 7 years. But it will continue...
Can't wait to see the regulars and any new people that might be attending. I need my oyster fix....
Oh yeah John, I was a little worried when I first saw him. It almost looked like he and his bride were wearing matching leather vests with all kinds of pins hanging down the front of it.
I'm wondering if he went over to the other side...lol
Has he found his way home yet. Boy here is a guy who has done more on this board and look what they did to him.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Has he found his way home yet. Boy here is a guy who has done more on this board and look what they did to him.
John you are so absolutely right about Wheels anyone who knows him and Nancy would totally agree.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
819 Posts
If the "other group" is who I think they are...the "FUN" just went up a step!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Time to bump this up to the top again..
If you're thinking about going you might want to call for reservations.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts