GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back had a blast .. Little warm stay at D-rose inn great place on the ride counted 21 dead deer , 5 alive on the edge of the road and 4 hogs grazing in the ditch . Go if you get a chance just be careful they have sign telling you how many bikers killed on this road and that road!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Try to make it back down for the Three Sisters Rally in the fall. The riding is even better and the Twisted Sister Contest is a riot.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I gather that the 3 sisters on In Texas hill country, how far is that from Fort Worth area? Sounds like it would be a blast.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I gather that the 3 sisters on In Texas hill country, how far is that from Fort Worth area? Sounds like it would be a blast.
about 250-300 miles to the sisters. Ft Worth to Austin turn west to Fredericksburg. The sisters are west of Fburg. Medina, Leakey, Bandera etc...

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I can't believe Mark told you to go from Fort Worth to Austin. I'd send you west out of Fort Worth to Texas 16. Ride it all the way to Bandera before visiting the sisters.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I can't believe Mark told you to go from Fort Worth to Austin. I'd send you west out of Fort Worth to Texas 16. Ride it all the way to Bandera before visiting the sisters.
Easy now, he ask how far it was, not for a route!! If I told him to go find Bandera, he would still be just as lost. I was trying to give him an idea where it was and how far it was. Finding Bandera on a map is a little more difficult than finding Austin. I was just leading him to the promised land with known landmarks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Easy now, he ask how far it was, not for a route!! If I told him to go find Bandera, he would still be just as lost. I was trying to give him an idea where it was and how far it was. Finding Bandera on a map is a little more difficult than finding Austin. I was just leading him to the promised land with known landmarks.
HUH? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

Distance stated is about right, but don't dare miss a hamburger at the Alamo Springs Cafe outside Fredricksburg. Just don't go there on a weekend between 12-2. It will be a long wait.

1+ on fall riding of the sisters. We (SCRC) have been going there the past two Labor Day weekends and it is a blast. I also ride there in April at a trike gathering We have done that the past two years and it never gets old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts