GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suspension leaks down slowly. Slow enough that I can't find the leak with soap and water.

Other than removing the shocks and inmersing in water,I don't know what to do.

Has anybody had to replace the shocks? I can't find them listed on progressive's website.

If a hundred dollars or so will but new shocks, I'll just replace the whole works...................

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hold your credit card. They are about $180, each, if I remember right. Progressive does have them.
The good news is, it probably is not the shocks. That little hose and fitting system is very simple. Most likely your problem is where the hose fits into the shock. There is a farrel and 2 "O" rings that goes into the hole. Just make sure the hose is pushed into the hole and the rings are in place against the farrel and snug the nut down.
Then, the same on the little "T" connector where you put in air. Also check the valve core to make sure it is tight and not leaking. You could have a leak in the hose itself if something has nicked it. If that is the case you can buy an air shock hose kit at Auto Zone for $10 bucks that has all you need to completly change the whole thing.
Another posibility is the shock seals. It is unlikely but if it is, you can get a seal kit from Progressive for about $16 bucks, and it is pretty easy to change. The kit is for two shocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts