GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 GL1800A 42K abs model
Came out from work to find peeling paint from the left side of the Center Inner Fairing and what looks like and feels like brake fluid. My left tunnel filler had fluid soaked into it as well. Removed lower fairing, upper inner fairing (surprise its cracked big time) and tunnel filler. Nothing jumps out that had leaked. Clutch reservoir is full but brake reservoir is slightly low. Pressing clutch lever cause no other fluid to leak.:shrug: Pressing front brake lever same thing.:shrug::shrug: Rear brake nothing.:shrug::shrug::shrug: Let the bike sit over night and no fluid on the floor. OK all you experts Whats going on ? Maybe this is my crash and burn for my CT.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Leave the tupperware off for a bit, take the bike out and do some hard braking with it.

Could be a hose or fitting that only leaks with more pressure on it.

Kit

·
Registered
464 Posts
You may want to look closely at the brake proportioning valve. It's located behind the left radiator. My 01 was leaking and I replaced it. It was leaking pretty bad and I noticed it because the rear reservoir was low.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You may want to look closely at the brake proportioning valve. It's located behind the left radiator. My 01 was leaking and I replaced it. It was leaking pretty bad and I noticed it because the rear reservoir was low.
Same thing on an 04.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts