GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I leave my mctxl out overnight in the rain I will have a wet floor next morning. Trailer is 2 years old and stored inside when not in use.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
You can also call Pat at Aluma. She was extremely helpful with a problem I had with mine leaking. But mine would leak just a little when I drove in hard rain. The problem was identified at the rubber seal that fits in the top and seals to the body of the trailer. She sent me a new and different seal. A few minutes to remove the old and install the new and the problem was solved.
I'm sure Leonard would be helpful, but since the OEM usually handles warranty work, I would start with Aluma directly. JMHO

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
another possible leak source would be where the fenders bolt on

and in the lid where there are bolts

i read where guys silicone all those , before adding their carpet job

i know i will when i get around to that install

·
Registered
222 Posts
If I leave my mctxl out overnight in the rain I will have a wet floor next morning. Trailer is 2 years old and stored inside when not in use.
Any suggestions?
My first question would be....does it have the handle on top of the lid or is it the paddle latch on the rear of the trailer? If it has the top T handle on the lid, we did have some trouble with water leaking in the key hole on the handle. There is a vinyl cover to slip over the T handle to fix this.

Since it leaks sitting still, I doubt it is the rubber seal under the lid. My thought would be the bolts that hold the fenders on or possibly around the license plate light on the rear. If you look carefully, you can usually see a water trail on the inside aluminum which will pinpoint the leak. Otherwise, lift up the lid and with a garden hose spray around the bolts on the fenders and the rear lights.

Give me a call and we will be happy to help you out.

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.
Des Moines, Iowa
800-362-2092

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
My first question would be....does it have the handle on top of the lid or is it the paddle latch on the rear of the trailer? If it has the top T handle on the lid, we did have some trouble with water leaking in the key hole on the handle. There is a vinyl cover to slip over the T handle to fix this.

Since it leaks sitting still, I doubt it is the rubber seal under the lid. My thought would be the bolts that hold the fenders on or possibly around the license plate light on the rear. If you look carefully, you can usually see a water trail on the inside aluminum which will pinpoint the leak. Otherwise, lift up the lid and with a garden hose spray around the bolts on the fenders and the rear lights.

Give me a call and we will be happy to help you out.

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.
Des Moines, Iowa
800-362-2092
Leonard,
I am interested in the T handle vinyl cover. Who do I talk about getting one or two of them shipped to me.

Ken

·
Registered
222 Posts
Leonard,
I am interested in the T handle vinyl cover. Who do I talk about getting one or two of them shipped to me.

Ken
Ken, do you have the chrome T-handle that is stationary or the black one that you push down and it sits flush with the lid?

Pat or Jim at Aluma will have them in stock or will know where to get them.(1-866-415-3285) I have not had them in stock for a couple years but if you don't have any luck, I will locate them for you.

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I will have a few of the covers in the next week. Pat at Aluma said she will see if they have any left or else she will get some ordered for us.

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.
Des Moines, Iowa

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
I will have a few of the covers in the next week. Pat at Aluma said she will see if they have any left or else she will get some ordered for us.

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.
Des Moines, Iowa
Leonard,
Thanks for talking to me on the phone. Now I know why so many viewers on this board buy from Thomas Bus. Great people, products and service.

Ken

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responces. I left tn. yesterday to get out of the cold pulling the Aluma.
I installed carpet soon as I got so not sure how to trace water trail.
It has latch on rear, no T handle. I'll give Leonard a call Monday morning.

Thanks,
This forum is the best.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for the responces. I left tn. yesterday to get out of the cold pulling the Aluma.
I installed carpet soon as I got so not sure how to trace water trail.
It has latch on rear, no T handle. I'll give Leonard a call Monday morning.

Thanks,
This forum is the best.
1-800-362-2092, I should be around all day Monday, so call anytime.

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.
Des Moines, Iowa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts