GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. I WANT one! Tilting Motor Works has them. Comparable price to a standard trike.

There is an option that automatically locks the front wheels upright below 3 mph.

Anyone else interested in one of these?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Road racing

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Classic

PS
I challenged them to beat my turtle slow #GLGP8 time of 60 seconds. We'll see if they are up to the challenge. :coffee1:

·
IronMan
19,408 Posts
ANOTHER TIRE TO BUY :tongue: SURE SOMEONE WILL WANT ONE.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Interested to buy--No. Interested to see one--yes. That would be the way I would go if I had to go to a 3 wheels.

·
Registered
2010 & 2008, both ABS Full monte TRAXXION
1,837 Posts
I first read about those a couple of years ago. One the early ones the feature to lock it in the upright position was an option...without it, it lays down like a lazy dog. But it sure looks like a great alternative to a standard trike.

J S

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm curious... What an alternative to triking... It looks like it might retain some 2 wheel character, while possibly being a bit more stable for those that are vertically challenged while standing still on a Wing... Hmm.... and who's making these?.... and are the kits readily available somewhat like trike kits?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I spoke to the owner of the company, Bob Mighell, last month. As of now, he has no dealers on the East Coast of United States he is presently looking for one to do installations. He stated you would have to ship the bike out to him to have the install done. I met him a couple of years ago at Americade in New York, he had the kit installed on a Harley Davison. It looked very professional and high-quality.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Adam at Rocket Moto Sport in Nashua NH is in process of being the New England area dealer/installer. He met with the owners this past weekend in LA.

I spoke to the owner of the company, Bob Mighell, last month. As of now, he has no dealers on the East Coast of United States he is presently looking for one to do installations. He stated you would have to ship the bike out to him to have the install done. I met him a couple of years ago at Americade in New York, he had the kit installed on a Harley Davison. It looked very professional and high-quality.

·
Premium Member
31,970 Posts
I have been trying to wrap my head around the leaning part on a reverse trike since I first seen these . Still not fully wrapped yet . I just do not get the thinking behind the entire design . Yes I get the more weight on front wheel in the corner , but it seems to me like a whole lot more to be weak on front end to me . Guess I gotta see one and talk my way into a test ride someday to fully get the entire picture . The reverse trike design I do dig though . I ride a few already and not quite ready for one yet ,,,, but ones gotta be ready when the time comes.Homework is always important . look at my spelling :surprise: if I would have realized that in school I probally could spell 5-6 letter words today >:) just sayin

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.