GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If installing LED brake and tail lights on the rear of a 2017, will that affect the operation of cruise control? Have seen in the past where that can be something to deal with when adding LED's to an aftermarket cruise control as when applying the brake does not trip the cruise to disengage.

Have searched several threads and not found this LED switch to be a problem but thought I would check to be sure before ordering LEDs that will screw up factory electronics.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If installing LED brake and tail lights on the rear of a 2017, will that affect the operation of cruise control? Have seen in the past where that can be something to deal with when adding LED's to an aftermarket cruise control as when applying the brake does not trip the cruise to disengage.

Have searched several threads and not found this LED switch to be a problem but thought I would check to be sure before ordering LEDs that will screw up factory electronics.
LED tail/brake lights will not affect the cruise control because the cruise cancel switches are separate from the brake switches. Some older vehicles used a single switch but not our GWs. If you change the turn signals to LED, they will go into rapid blink and you will have to change the flasher relay which is located behind the meter panel.

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
If installing LED brake and tail lights on the rear of a 2017, will that affect the operation of cruise control?
Regarding 5th gen Wings, I've never heard of that to be a problem.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
I have leds on rear (bulbs) doesnt affect cruise "shouldnt " and no issues on turn signals untill ya do fronts also .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts