·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill. Was hoping someone had them or had seen them. I think I might spring for a set.

Dep

·
Registered
757 Posts
I installed the amber set on my 04 about two yr. ago.
They don't add any light to the road, but do make the bike more visible.
I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eagle Eye. The visibility factor is mainly what I'm going for.

Dep

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I've had them for about two years now I guess. I like em'. I think they look perfect because the amber is almost the exact same color as the turn signals. My only problem has been that the last two pairs have gotten moisture in them big time. But it seems that I AM NOT the norm. Something about where I ride, not sure....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fuse. I think I'll go order me a set.

Dep

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just installed a set of these this past week. Very easy install and the look is certainly different which is what I was looking for. These lights are to be seen only and they are very visible, not to see with as you will not even know they are on.

I have the white lights, but, they are very blue is color.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I got them last month. Amber

I wanted to be more noticeable to others.
I chose the LED units for the longer life.
No worries about the load on the electrical system.

I like them.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks folks..ya helped me make up my mind.

Got them on order as we speak.

Dep

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dep said:
Thanks folks..ya helped me make up my mind.

Got them on order as we speak.

Dep
Get us a picture, I'm curious how bright they are (beam pattern).

I like the price too.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soon as I get them hooked up, I'll get a pic posted. I'm in the process of painting a spare lower cowl black and will install them on that.

Dep

·
Registered
652 Posts
There is no beam pattern to these at all. If you want to cast light do not order these. They are simply to make you a little more visible to oncoming traffic.

I too have a moisture problem. I installed them last year I believe. I expect them to start dying shortly as a result of that. Several of my Kury lights have failed due to moisture and also the side maker lights on my Escapade trailer. I'm wondering if it is not a factor of not only poor sealing but also low heat generation to dry them out as compared to an incandescent. I need to call Lewis and talk with him about the problem.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, ordered them Monday evening and they came in today. I didn't pay for priority shipping shipping either.

Now I've got to get off my butt and get my spare cowl painted black so I can install them.

Sure wish the installation instructions had a few pictures. I'm a visual guy and it would have made it a little easier. You folks that have installed them, when they talk about making a hole in the "gussets" with the little heating iron that comes with the kit, what the heck are they talking about?

Dep

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Dep,

I think you might get better instructions from the website. I think they had a list of tools needed and pictures of the procedures.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Is there a cowl light that gives one more light on the road as well?

I mean, not only do I want to be more visible, I would also like to light up the road more in front of me.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yes, there is. Several, in fact.

www.electricalconnection.com

The LED lights are not what you want. Look at the others.

If you want light so you can see better don't get a yellow light.

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
OK, Dep's got me interested in a set of these.

Could someone who's installed them take a picture of the installed "switch" so we can see where it's located and what it looks like.

Good thread Dep!

Bartman

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Richard, I'll check out EC's site for directions.

Bart, if I get the darn cowl painted and the lights installed soon, I'll let you know. We can meet up and you can see them in person.

Dep

1 - 20 of 24 Posts