GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m upgrading my 08 Level 3 to all Led. What flasher do I need for the turn signals and headlight? Also I want to turn my tail light into a brake light. The wing didn’t come w/a spoiler or additional lights. What harness or how do I wire them?

Thanks!

·
IronMan
17,628 Posts
CHECK WITH ELECTRICAL CONNECTION THINK THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF BOTH YOUR "WISHES " :wink2:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I prefer Southern California Motorcycle Gear (SCMG, SoCal) but EC makes good stuff as well.

Strongly recommend using either of these companies which make bulbs specifically for motorcycles. Do NOT recommend generic brand bulbs from box stores, EBay, etc.

Both companies also sell electronic flasher units for directionals. Do not use resistor solution for directional. Basically it negates the prime advantage of the LED install. If you buy some of the light kits from SCMG, they come with the new flasher included.

Specifically for headlights, use the latest versions from EC or SCMG with the screw on heat sink. The older ribbon style heat sink or fan cooled units do not work as well. If you want a headlight modulator, Kisan is the only brand for LEDs.

If you can find a trunk spoiler, grab it and then upgrade it with the SCMG light which includes sequential directionals.

EC sells a jumper wire for the trunk lights to make all four bulbs operate as brake and taillights.

Most of these are available from board sponsors or direct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts