GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 GL1800,level 2. I want to replace my OE lighting to LED. Turn signals,brake light,also do the same on my Bushtec trailer. Looking for advice. Thank you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One thing to consider is that the enclosures are not meant for LED bulbs, they are designed for a specific bulb and LEDs you can not see very well from the side. I'm worried already that someone is not looking at my turn signals ect... LED's are getting better all the time, they are just not standard on GL1800 yet.I'm sure others will chime in that may have found leds that are bright enough I just have not seen them .I will watch this post. I have the LED strips all under the bike and it will light up the ground I just would not put them in the enclosures.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2008 GL1800,level 2. I want to replace my OE lighting to LED. Turn signals,brake light,also do the same on my Bushtec trailer. Looking for advice. Thank you.

INITIALLY, when Light Emitting Diodes first came to our attention they were generally UNI-directional. Compared to traditional light bulbs which are essentially OMNI-directional. Think about it. A traditional light BULB emits light 360 degrees.
Well, now LEDs are becoming omni-directional as they have been placed on a barrel like mounting surface facing aprox. 360 degrees.
They might not be THERE yet but very close..

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I have had some in my bike from this site since 2009 and have have had some in my VTX since 07 with very good success. Never had to replace one and put out very good light that can be seen from side angles.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Cruiseman put together a video on installing these new lights to. Pretty cool! They will definitely be on my to do list.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My 2012 Goldwing has ALL LED's From the Front to the Back. Love it, cost a little to do it but worth it. I have even turned my rear turn signals to a dual purpose function by adding reverse lights to it as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts