GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into changing out my back lights and front blinker lights to all LED lights, can it be done and if so HOW?????? and where do I start looking?
Do I just change out the light bulbs or the hole units as a hole?
HELP Please :?:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just changed the complete units. However, you will need to compensate for the load or actually the lack of loaded with a different flasher or a flasher load. They are sold by most of the Goldwing suppliers, just ask the dealer you get the LEDs from.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to know where to buy them?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have nothing to replace the rear stock lights with LED lighting units

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I am looking into changing out my back lights and front blinker lights to all LED lights, can it be done and if so HOW?????? and where do I start looking?
Do I just change out the light bulbs or the hole units as a hole?
HELP Please :?:
I am curious as to why you want to replace your incandescent lights to LEDs?
I have added numerous LEDs but haven't changed my OEM lights to LEDs.
Thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want something very bright and led’s seem to be the way forward?
or should I just add some Led's to the trunk trim?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I too like LEDs compared to incandescent bulbs. Less current draw is a big advantage and the fact that the directional lights and brake lights are instantly bright as compared to the gradual brightening and dimming of the filaments in incandescent bulbs. However, since the 1800 Wing has more than a sufficient charging system, I haven't considered replacing the lights. Here are some of the LED lights that I have added to my 1800 Wing.

The rectangular lights are Whelen LED strobe lights (red) and are extremely bright. The others are home made with 10mm LEDs.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Metalman,
I like the way you added the light bar to the license plate bracket. It looks good. I want to add some bright LED brake lights also. That looks like a good way to mount them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts