GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....I saw some posts with links to LED strip lights...but they all have been Blue which is Illegal in the state of Wisconsin cannot even use Blue as an undercarriage lighting....I would love blue since I have a blue bike...but don't need any more tickets....speed is a big enough factor around here... :)

Does any one have a good recommendation on cutable, waterproof LED strip lights particularly red and amber...had them on my 2010 but cannot find company any more....interested in reliability, non-cracking and good...good adhesive.

Any recommendations

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
OK....I saw some posts with links to LED strip lights...but they all have been Blue which is Illegal in the state of Wisconsin cannot even use Blue as an undercarriage lighting....I would love blue since I have a blue bike...but don't need any more tickets....speed is a big enough factor around here... :)

Does any one have a good recommendation on cutable, waterproof LED strip lights particularly red and amber...had them on my 2010 but cannot find company any more....interested in reliability, non-cracking and good...good adhesive.

Any recommendations

Ebay..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
932 Posts
A bunch of 12" long yellow lights from Amazon. NOTE: you do NOT want red; red is to be used on the rear of a vehicle only (per FMVSS); yellow is acceptable between the front and rear, as well as for use as turn signals. White is for front-facing only. So go with yellow - it's about the only legal color you can use on the "side" of a vehicle per FMVSS.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Did the self adhesive hold?

Did they become brittle after a while?

Thanks for the link....
The LEDs I bought from them were the black oval modules, seen here https://www.oznium.com/motorcycle-led-lighting/motorcycle-led-modules, they are not flexible to start with, so I cannot say how well the flexible ones will hold up. I used an adhesion promoter designed for 3M double sided tape where I stuck them on the bike, that was maybe two years ago, they are still there and no hint of coming loose.

Oznium was very responsive the few times I contacted their help line, I would suggest contacting them about the particular product you are interested in.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have purchased and am installing TOOGOO(R) 4 x flexible 15 LED Strip Light 30cm Orange Waterproof for Car Motorcycle on my wing.
TOOGOO(R) Car 60CM 30 LEDs SMD White Side-emitting Glow Flexible LED Strip Light for wrap around headlights as in the

youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=ZHHvAL2fLtY
which I have already have done for a while. And everyone says they like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts