GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me Wing has Kuryakyn LED moldings. One of the strip lights is out on the saddlebag trim. I thought maybe a solder connection has come loose like one on the truck light I fixed last night. The light has 8 individual LEDs, if I squeeze the strip half (four) of the LEDs will light up dim. I want to just replace this small strip but cannot seem to locate the actual strip light online. I sent an email to Kuryakyn but as old as these are I think I will know the answer when they do respond. Does anyone know if /where these can be individually purchased? Or better yet does anyone happen to have an old piece of of molding lying around that I can get one of these from?
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Wheel

Hand Finger Circuit component Terrestrial plant Nail
Font Fashion accessory Rectangle Metal Macro photography

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,132 Posts
New to me Wing has Kuryakyn LED moldings. One of the strip lights is out on the saddlebag trim. I thought maybe a solder connection has come loose like one on the truck light I fixed last night. The light has 8 individual LEDs, if I squeeze the strip half (four) of the LEDs will light up dim. I want to just replace this small strip but cannot seem to locate the actual strip light online. I sent an email to Kuryakyn but as old as these are I think I will know the answer when they do respond. Does anyone know if /where these can be individually purchased? Or better yet does anyone happen to have an old piece of of molding lying around that I can get one of these from?
View attachment 391009

View attachment 391007 View attachment 391008
Mail it to me and maybe I can fix it. These circuits are really simple and usually it’s just a cracked connection.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mail it to me and maybe I can fix it. These circuits are really simple and usually it’s just a cracked connection.
The individual LED light, or do you need the whole chrome piece? Would be easy to cut the two wires on either side of the light and remove the LED, then just bypass it until I get it back.

·
IronMan
18,582 Posts
GO TO EBAY CAN GET DIFFERENT LENGHTS AND COLORS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts