GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Kuryakn LED trunk and saddlebag lights. I installed them about a year ago but I hadn't been riding much so the total usage is probably less than 40 hours. Now, at least 2 LEDs are only half lit. By that I mean that an individual LED is lit on the left side but the right half is not on. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to fix the problem without replacing the entire part?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thats not an uncommon problem. Unfortunately the led pods are a sealed unit and are not serviceable. They are removable and replaceable but weather Kury sells them seperately or not is a different story. I have a set of red lense saddlebag ones that the chrome is in terrible shape but the leds do work. I contacted Kury to see if they will sell me new chrome to replace the pitted ones and they said they don't sell that part. Maybe they do sell the leds. I didnt ask about that. They also had 2 lenses...red and a chrome version, which do you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats not an uncommon problem. Unfortunately the led pods are a sealed unit and are not serviceable. They are removable and replaceable but weather Kury sells them seperately or not is a different story. I have a set of red lense saddlebag ones that the chrome is in terrible shape but the leds do work. I contacted Kury to see if they will sell me new chrome to replace the pitted ones and they said they don't sell that part. Maybe they do sell the leds. I didnt ask about that. They also had 2 lenses...red and a chrome version, which do you have?
I've got Kuryakn LED trunk and saddlebag lights. I installed them about a year ago but I hadn't been riding much so the total usage is probably less than 40 hours. Now, at least 2 LEDs are only half lit. By that I mean that an individual LED is lit on the left side but the right half is not on. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to fix the problem without replacing the entire part?

Thanks,
Mark
I have the same problem !!! called then thay said warrinty is for a year !! or u can buy the bad panle for 100.00 that soucks !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Somehow this always seems to be the problems with LEDs. I feel like they're not rugged enough for onroad use yet. The vibrations and what not has to take its toll on the lights.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,198 Posts
Somehow this always seems to be the problems with LEDs. I feel like they're not rugged enough for onroad use yet. The vibrations and what not has to take its toll on the lights.
Don't blame the LEDs, it's just Kuryakyn's lack of quality control.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree with Techdude - it isn't the LED's - it's the crap manufacturing Kuryakyn uses from Asia!!!

Les

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like there is no real fix. I have the red leds. I guess I'll buy a trunk set and use the LEDs from that for parts.

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts