GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you use a load equalizer with LED lighting are you using the same power as incadescent lighting?

Is there a flasher module replacement instead of using load equalizers?

How many of what type of bulb would I need to convert all my signals (brake and turn)? I have clear front turn signal lenses.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your answers are yes, yes, and I don't know yet.

A load equalizer (ie: resistor) adds sufficient load to the blinker circuit so that the blinker relay thinks there are 2 incandesent lamps being lit. They do that by drawing the excess electrical current and converting it to heat.

If you want to reduce the load on the circuit, you need to change out the blinker to an electronic version. I don't have a part number for you, but I am sure you could find one that will work if you take the OEM blinker to an auto parts store.

Maybe EC can add this to their product line.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jhl said:
Your answers are yes, yes, and I don't know yet.

A load equalizer (ie: resistor) adds sufficient load to the blinker circuit so that the blinker relay thinks there are 2 incandesent lamps being lit. They do that by drawing the excess electrical current and converting it to heat.

If you want to reduce the load on the circuit, you need to change out the blinker to an electronic version. I don't have a part number for you, but I am sure you could find one that will work if you take the OEM blinker to an auto parts store.

Maybe EC can add this to their product line.
Thank you. That's what I thought in my meager mechanical understaing of electrical. LOL

Now to find that little sucker. LOL Sure I can find it on my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts