GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody own a Lees-ure Lite Tent Trailer? Saw one at a bike show and was impressed. Easy to set up with some storage. A little pricey but nice size and weight.
If you own/ or owned one tell me what you think.
I had a Time-out. Pulled fine but was a little bulky and took a few minutes to set up.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
fredb38 said:
Does anybody own a Lees-ure Lite Tent Trailer?
yup!
A little pricey but nice size and weight.
It was almost exactly the same price any other competitive camper unit.
Since the Excel (car model, queen sized bed) only weighs in at 245lbs, it is still the lightest camper trailer out there, I can not feel it back there at all.

7 seconds to set up is correct, I have even partly set it up (3 seconds) and ran inside and changed at the side of the road. Great temporary shelter in a rain as well.

It does take 10 minutes to set up the add-a-room, I recommend the screen enclosure add-a-room for a person that likes to relax in the evenings without bugs. It has no 'floor' so it is not a suitable sleep addition, but the opaque wall version could give you some room and privacy since the floorspace in the base unit is not huge.

I recommend getting the hitch storage unit, I find I like to keep the trailer inside not so packed as it does increase the setup time to get to sleep in the bed as you have to put all the stuff on the floor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
fredb38 said:
Does anybody own a Lees-ure Lite Tent Trailer? Saw one at a bike show and was impressed. Easy to set up with some storage. A little pricey but nice size and weight.
I had a Time-out. Pulled fine but was a little bulky and took a few minutes to set up.
I've had one for two season now. It is light and sets up very quickly while protecting anything stored inside from the weather. As noted, the add-a-room takes a little longer to set up, but we just use that and the awning when stopping for more than an overnight. I got the rear underneath storage box that carries the awning, room, poles and extension cord which helps if they are taken down wet.

This has been across the country a couple of times now and has about 30K miles on it. It's a little wide, but never caused a problem and it has done the BRP, Skyline, 221 as well as some other winding roads without holding up traffic.

Mine did have the top rack replaced. One is not supposed to set it up at 65 mph. Everything else survived the drag chute deployment just fine.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
skid said:
Mine did have the top rack replaced. One is not supposed to set it up at 65 mph. Everything else survived the drag chute deployment just fine.

Good safety message, I am now going to be uuuber careful about the front latch. I may even be doing something paranoid by creating a secondary latch system to catch it.

BTW, I have radiator hose overtop my top rack so as to extend the life.

I have also hauled ten 4x8 plywood sheets with it, the rack is just right for this, this trailer saved me a few times from renting a truck. Half the Home Depot staff came out to watch me ride away.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

Love my trailer! It does basic setup in the amount of time it takes to flip the top back, step inside and lift the two braces.

I've got both awnings and the screen room. The screen is a bit of a pain to put up - not something I do for just a quickie overnight.

Instead of the stock storage pod, I added a small trailer tongue box and braced it to the frame. Perfect! A section of 5" PVC pipe under the frame is perfect for hauling the awning poles.

Pictures of my mods are available on request.

·
Registered
836 Posts
How much does the basic trailer cost? I have been to Osoyoos and wouldnt mind riding up there to pick one up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yea Skid!

'Mine did have the top rack replaced. One is not supposed to set it up at 65 mph. Everything else survived the drag chute deployment just fine."

Hehehe. I still remember the "Skid" marks on your jeans at thhe Kickstand Lodge.

2soon

·
Registered
66 Posts
leasure lite camper

Greetings,

Love my trailer! It does basic setup in the amount of time it takes to flip the top back, step inside and lift the two braces.

I've got both awnings and the screen room. The screen is a bit of a pain to put up - not something I do for just a quickie overnight.

Instead of the stock storage pod, I added a small trailer tongue box and braced it to the frame. Perfect! A section of 5" PVC pipe under the frame is perfect for hauling the awning poles.

iim thinking of getting a 2008 excel,,,if its not much trouble I would like to see a few of your pictures,,thank you

·
Registered
66 Posts
leesure lite camper

Greetings,

would you mind sending me pictures of your leasure lite camper,,,,,im supposed to go and get one next week and can you tell me how you like it,,,the one I'm getting is a 2009 excel with 2awning and a add a room,,,,thank you

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not trying to be a SA but, did you guys notice that this thread is 7 years old;)?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I thought I would add a couple more years onto this thread.

I just order a brand new Leesure Lite, and am anxiously waiting for it to be shipped after the New Year. I won't be able to use it till May (when the snow melts), but have a trip Toronto planned for my Mothers 85th birthday in June.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
236 Posts
Gordon, You'll love it! Have been moto-camping in Canada for decades and it sure beats schlepping in and out of motels. Home cooking, my mt. bike, 12v. cooler, art supplies, golf shoes, books, laptop, shower bag the size of a cell phone..but many sites have showers. With my Mini-Mate and your Leisure-Lite we can set up quickly in rain and stay dry in process, many others you're outside getting wet. If you are careful to hot solder all splices you can use the Coleman 36 qt. 12v./120v. cooler on tongue and counterweight the trailer so tongue weight is not excessive. You then have a 120v. fridge with the included adapter in many camps. I can carry fresh meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, cream and stay out of Tim Horton's and burger doodles!

Of course I'm not in a hurry, take long trips, ride bicycle in single-track, do paintings, museums, bike tours, backpacking and etc. all from lightly loaded trailer. Have had fun cutting all unneeded weight over the years. When in doubt, leave it out! Still have compressor, few tools and plugs. Plugged 89 yr. old Mom's flat tire last year in CT. Have fun with your mom..mine's a riot at her age!

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Well, if you're still looking, heres one http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/5400128949.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts