GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the pros/cons of owning one of these lees-ure-lite
pop up camp trailers? looking @ the larger of the two,& as far as accesories which are a must, thanks for any replys,bill

S

·
0 Posts
Old Bozz, I own an Aspen Classic and a friend owns the Leesure lite, there really is no comparison between the two . If you don't mind wheelbarrow wheels and a cramped area with no room for sleeping(Aspen has a Kingsize bed ) or storage then the "lite" is the way to go .
On the other hand if yer just batching it, then save your money and get a tent . :roll:

http://www.trailmasterinc.com/

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a Kompact Kamp, but looked at the Lees-ure Lite.

Pro:
One of the lightest campers, sets up very quickly, reported to pull well.

Con:
Storage when underway is on the bed; bottom of windows is above bed surface, so summer night cross breeze is hindered; must open up to get to stored gear/items; rain water tends to puddle along edge of optional awning.

You probably know that it is made in BC. Most people get the optional tongue storage box and add a cooler in front of that. Then they extend the tongue about four inches. I believe two doors are standard now and that allows more flexibility in setting up.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I like mine a lot wheel barrow wheels and all. Dont want to have lot weigh to pull.

PROS Lite weight
Pulls great
Sets up in few mins
Mine weighs a little over 300 lbs less food ,drink and ice. Sure is nice to be able to get up and cook breakfast and coffee in the morn.

PS If you have to have a king or queen bed while camping the lees-ure-lite is not for you.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Get the Excel model only. It weighs in at 255lbs., and has a nice size double bed. I would use high density foam as a matress and as for getting at your stuff when it is raining... it the greatest as all your stuff is protected by the roof. I sold the trailers for 3 years. Well built, light weight, pull like a dream...don't even know it's on behind you. Do not get the wide tires as it will hydroplane on you, narrow tires only.
It's hard to tell what options to get as I don't know what part of the country you live in, but here goes.
1)Awning is a great option if you are staying in one location for a period of time.(you can also drive the wing in it too!)

2)Get the roof bag instead of the tongue box.(people tend to over load the box making the tongue weight too heavy.) the bag can be put on and removed quickly and does not even have to be unpacked if you don't want too.( I kept lawn chairs, BBQ, table, just about anything that I wouldn't need to take out for a one night stay.) JMHO

3)I beleive they now have a box type thing that hangs down from the back part of the trailer, that might a good idea to carry tent poles and such.

4) If you what a trailer that can set up in 6 to 8 seconds, this is the trailer for you. IMHO

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

I pulled my Leesure-Lite all over the Southwest earlier this year and am convinced it is the way to go.

Spend a few dollars and get a nice double inflatable bed with built in pump. It takes virtually no space, easy to inflate and comfy.

I put a regular trailer tongue box on mine for all that outside stuff-cooking, etc.

A 6' piece of black PVC strapped to the frame solves the issue of carrying tent poles.

Buy the awnings for both sides - worth every penny. I got the screen room add-on also and it's nice to sit outside and not get devoured when you are in skeeter country.

Pulls like a dream with swivel hitch.

http://www.rikkitik.smugmug.com/gallery/1327265[/i]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts