GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
So anyone going? I'll most likely be there Saturday. Meet for lunch?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I plan on going Sunday. I'm afraid Saturday will be so crowded that you can't walk or park

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So anyone going? I'll most likely be there Saturday. Meet for lunch?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I plan on going getting there by 10am to get out of there as early as I can.

I am on the hunt for a sun shade for my GPS and new grip puppies. I didn't see any at Gator's today, so I will check out the vendors Saturday until I get tired of walking.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Mike, me and a buddy plan on going Sunday. Join us if you don't get your fill on Saturday. Where do you suggest parking?

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, me and a buddy plan on going Sunday. Join us if you don't get your fill on Saturday. Where do you suggest parking?
Parking garage, Main and Palmetto streets area next to the Leesburg Public Library is open to the public NO CHARGE. I think entrance is on 1st St. I usually just park there cuz its FREE and easier to get in and out. Most places around there will charge $5 to park in their parking lot.

If you get there early enough, you might be able to park right on Main Street in the area that is blocked off for motorcycles.

As for me going Sunday, I will let you know later today if I accomplished my mission and want to see more.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike try shinhopples.com
I might if I don't find grips this weekend.

Notice shinhopples has same thing called Shingrips for $10 less and fits Goldwing grips (5.5 in). Probably same material as grip puppies, just different name and a LOT cheaper....

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parking garage, Main and Palmetto streets area next to the Leesburg Public Library is open to the public NO CHARGE. I think entrance is on 1st St. I usually just park there cuz its FREE and easier to get in and out. Most places around there will charge $5 to park in their parking lot.

If you get there early enough, you might be able to park right on Main Street in the area that is blocked off for motorcycles.

As for me going Sunday, I will let you know later today if I accomplished my mission and want to see more.
I stand corrected. After visiting this morning, I found all spots in and around the event charging $5 for bike parking...even the free city parking garage.

I opted to find a church or some organization trying to make money and found one.

If you are lucky and find an open spot on Main St, that is still free, but every place else around will charge you.

Ended up finding my GPS shade cover within 50 feet of parking my trike. No grip puppies to be found, so I will probably just order from shinhopples.com.

Don't think I will be going back tomorrow Ron. Your on your own. Leather, sunglasses, jewelry, do dads, etc. can be found. Even a seat shop doing work. ENJOY!!!

Don't forget to stop by Gator Harley South of town on 441 (I had to stop in 1 more time on the way back home). Same ol crap but at least plenty of seats to just sit and observe....especially by the bikini bike washers when you first get in.....just saying....:)

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike try shinhopples.com
Thanks.

Just ordered them. Cost $5.55 for shipping for a $6 item. o-well, at least they are still cheaper then the original grip puppies and will fit better.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Thanks Mike. It nice to watch someone work who really takes pride in their work and goes above and beyond as I am sure these dedicated and capable ladies do.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Mike. It nice to watch someone work who really takes pride in their work and goes above and beyond as I am sure these dedicated and capable ladies do.[/QUOTE

Your right, pride is a great thing. Think I will go back down there to see how much pride they are showing on the last day of their work...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Thanks Mike. It nice to watch someone work who really takes pride in their work and goes above and beyond as I am sure these dedicated and capable ladies do.[/QUOTE

Your right, pride is a great thing. Think I will go back down there to see how much pride they are showing on the last day of their work...
Today they didn't seem to be taking a great deal of pride in their work but it was pretty warm about 2:30 when we got there and they seemed pretty tired. We ended up parking there and taking the trolly downtown. Got to see Uncle Kracker and then went to the bike show behind the Rat's hole but it seemed like a bust or maybe we weren't in the right place. Paul Sr. from Orange Co Choppers was no where to be seen.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today they didn't seem to be taking a great deal of pride in their work but it was pretty warm about 2:30 when we got there and they seemed pretty tired. We ended up parking there and taking the trolly downtown. Got to see Uncle Kracker and then went to the bike show behind the Rat's hole but it seemed like a bust or maybe we weren't in the right place. Paul Sr. from Orange Co Choppers was no where to be seen.
Didn't know they had a trolly. That saved ya a lil headache trying to park for sure.

I never stay there long enough to watch any of the shows.

Bummer about Sr.

Buy me anything????????

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Buy me anything????????

No I am sorry to say I did not. They didn't have anything classy enough for someone with your taste.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts