GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2006 in for service at jbj cycles in Santa Ana. They told me that the left and right air scoops were missing. What does honda call these parts and does anyone have a honda part number for these. Thanks

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Are these the ducts for the vents or for the engine air intake??

The real interesting question is : Where did the originals go?

Sounds like the bike may have been in the shop and a tech either misplaced them or forgot to re-install them. Those parts are fairly large and conspicuous. Makes you wonder what else they missed. Or forgot to re-install, check, tighten, etc.

I would be talking to the shop manager not so much about him eating the replacement cost, tho that would be on the agenda, but that it indicates a sloppy shop. ( I assume they were on when you acquired the bike.)

Review your service shop history of the bike and I think some shop owes you a pair. In either case, they are not real expensive.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
:agree:
Are these the ducts for the vents or for the engine air intake??

The real interesting question is : Where did the originals go?

Sounds like the bike may have been in the shop and a tech either misplaced them or forgot to re-install them.

Review your service shop history of the bike and I think some shop owes you a pair. In either case, they are not real expensive.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I had my 2006 in for service at jbj cycles in Santa Ana. They told me that the left and right air scoops were missing. What does honda call these parts and does anyone have a honda part number for these. Thanks
What air scoops are they talking about?

·
Registered
905 Posts
What air scoops are they talking about?
I assume they are talking about the air ducts that go to the air box...could be someone overtightened/broke the mounting tabs so they just threw them away...I don't think they make any difference in the grand scheme of things, but I agree it's the principle of the matter...only other item I could think would be called a scoop would be ducting to the fresh air vents...2005 and older had ducts that went all the way to the front...I can't remember exactly where the 2006+ goes, but it's not routed like the older models...

·
Vendor
17,354 Posts
http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=526638&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2006&fveh=12118

They are probably parts 10 and 12. Most likely the 2 srews are missing too. Also. you may need part # 14 in the fishe below. That is the one they attach to. I often find the corners broken meaning that the screw hole for the mounting screw for the scoop have nothing to attach to. Some people will stuff so much stuff under the pockets that the is no room for it all. Everything under there including the pockets have to take the stress and things break. If yours is like that, I recommend using a pocket for as much of it as you can or else things will keep breaking.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=526654&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2006&fveh=12118

Make sure you order for the correct year. I doubt it was that dealers fault. He is just the one with the guts to bring it to your attention ... most won't.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well there not expensive parts they are the ones going to the air box. I was the second owner of the bike so it happened when the first owner had possesion maybe he broke them himself. The dealer I bought it from would not know unless he took the shelter apart to gain access to the air box. Also they told me the o ring had not been removed on the air filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts