GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While washing my new Trike(pictures coming calm down) I went to the front wheel....... on my "other Wing" on the Center stand I would "lift" the tire a hair and "spin" the wheel 1/4 turn thustly cleaning the whole front tire in four "grabs".... Well on the trike today I tried my "spin" trick..... needless to say I am going to have my Jackets Altered!!!!! OUCH!!! man that wheel don't "Spin" NO MORE!!

Matt(BCNV) :eek:4::22yikes:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
While washing my new Trike(pictures coming calm down) I went to the front wheel....... on my "other Wing" on the Center stand I would "lift" the tire a hair and "spin" the wheel 1/4 turn thustly cleaning the whole front tire in four "grabs".... Well on the trike today I tried my "spin" trick..... needless to say I am going to have my Jackets Altered!!!!! OUCH!!! man that wheel don't "Spin" NO MORE!!

Matt(BCNV) :eek:4::22yikes:
I don't quite follow? Was the front end not off the ground? Do you still have the center stand on your Trike? To lift the front of your Trike place a flat jack under your engine, put blocks behind rear tires and jack the front end up a couple of inches. You could leave it on the ground and roll it forward or backward a little at a time to reach all wheel areas. If the front wheel is up off the ground it should spin as freely as your bikes did? Are the bearings bad or brakes sticking? Maybe that's why you slid in the other post?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello Matt
How is Nevada? Man it is raining here in Boston,and raw .

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
LoneStar...

With the bike on the centerstand... all one needs to do when washing it is gently lift on the front fender, and you can lift the front wheel off of the ground enough to spin it... and then wash the part you couldn't reach.

I think what he's saying is that he hadn't thought about that before he began washing his trike.

;)

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
LoneStar...

With the bike on the centerstand... all one needs to do when washing it is gently lift on the front fender, and you can lift the front wheel off of the ground enough to spin it... and then wash the part you couldn't reach.

I think what he's saying is that he hadn't thought about that before he began washing his trike.

;)
I (think) his Trike has Aqua Shields which means no center stand anymore. The sub frame for them bolts to where the stand used to be.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Matt...I did the very same thing the first time I attempted to lift the front wheel. Figured it would still turn...nu uh...must have pulled my back out too. Yeouch!!

I still have the center stand on my CSC. :shock: Hmmmmm, wonder how difficult it will be to get the trike up in that puppy??? :shrug: I have the CSC Ground Effects on mine and can hardly see the stand. ;) Ahhhhhh, If I ever decide to loose the GEs then I can use it huh?

On a serious note though, why does CSC retain the center stand? :?:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Winston, Hannigan retains the center stand, also. And with the running boards, the stand is totally inaccessible. They told me that it's to be used as a jack point.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I think it depends on the installer.... I have a CSC and the center stand is in a box with all the other parts they removed.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just roll it forward or backward a few feet at a time and you'll soon have that front wheel all exposed for washing. At least it won't fall off the centerstand now if you bump it wrong.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Typical rookie!!:roll:

Everybody knows that if you're gonna pick up a trike by the front wheel,,,,you gotta use TWO HANDS ;)

Aaarrhh!:doorag:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
LoneStar...

;)
....Maybe what he needs for the trike are some of those 'leveling jacks' that are used on the large campers. That way he could just push a button and the entire trike would come off the ground. rv_ez_level2[1].jpg

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Like Harold said, roll it a few feet. Jacking it up is a chore and the wife does not like to do it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Like Harold said, roll it a few feet. Jacking it up is a chore and the wife does not like to do it.
George, you are either a very, very brave man...or you wife doesn't have access to the computer. ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Winston, It's my guess that George doesn't even let her get close to his computer.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hey Matt, I bet your arm isn't the only thing 3" lower than it use to be.:shock::shock:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I see George Patrick did not say anything.....guess it is because washing a trike is something he has not heard of........

Matt - get one of those el cheapo floor jacks - they roll right under the engine and lift it just high enough.....

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I washed my Trike last Thursday, and took it out for the week end in the rain, and muck...:shrug:
I used a small floor jack to even do the front tire (some) That was when I had the fit with the oil filter :oops: so while it was up I cleaned at the tire.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
one or you want to wash under my trike for me..I hit something dead the other night and it still smell's dead...it must have poped....for I've washed under the front>>>PPPPEEEUUUUUU

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
one or you want to wash under my trike for me..I hit something dead the other night and it still smell's dead...it must have poped....for I've washed under the front>>>PPPPEEEUUUUUU
Go for a ride in the rain. I know y'all are getting as much in LA as we are in NA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts