GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Can't say that I know for a fact, but all the info I've heard is that it still the same. There is just so much misinformation out there that if I heard there was a new one I'm not sure I'd believe it until I seen one up close and personal, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Left bag latch

I've read on the internet that there's a new and more durable latching system. If it's on the net, it MUST be true, right?

At any rate, I'll be having my dealer install my THIRD latch system before much longer. Hopefully, they're making them better now. Otherwise, I'll just keep having new ones installed under warranty.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Thank you Purple Haze. My dealer says the same
thing. Glad I am not the only mistaken person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am on my 3rd replacement for the latch.... Dealer is installing now as we speak (type). Anyway, I sent him the "new" number that I received from this board for a new latch... he says he called it in and there is such a new number and is installing the new latch assembly. Here is what I received awhile back from DanBlack:

"The new latch assembly for both sides and the top has a part # of #81310-MCA-A21 (it is a replacement for the old style #81310-MCA-003)."

Just going by what the dealer has told me over the phone.... will look at my bill when I pick my bike up tomorrow!!! :D

Rusty

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rusty

I took this print out to the stealers today,they were dumb fouded.My point is for them to order the part,then I bring the bike in,so they don't have it for 2 week for latch.I know I can probably fix it like Fred did ,but I am just hard headed,I will worry about that when the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK...I picked up my bike this weekend and did a lot of riding so am just now getting back to the board..... There IS a new part number as listed above.. My dealer new nothing of it until I told him about it and he ordered it. The new part number is listed there on my invoice... As for the difference, I asked the mechanic and he said that he compared them side by side and didn't really see any difference in how is was made...just a few parts looked as if they were made of different materials and bigger (thicker/stronger hopefully)...Anyway the action seems to be more definite. The "old" ones seemed a little sloppy but this one is tight.. We will see.. this is my third one under warranty. If you don't have the extended warranty this is a good reason to get it. Pay for this part twice and you have more than paid for the extended warranty :shock: Rusty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts