GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's the connector where the bulb plugs in.

How much trouble to replace that portion of the harness? or maybe just the connector and a smal portion of the wires?

Would going to LED help?

It was blinking while in my hand but once I turn it into the hole it stops flashing.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,281 Posts
The front signals have a short harness that runs just under the mirror boot. You should be able to disconnect it there and replace the end to the light. Don't know the year of your bike, but this short wire with the socket is replaceable as part #33455-MCA-671. This is for 01 thru 05 models. :D

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
techdude2000 said:
The front signals have a short harness that runs just under the mirror boot. You should be able to disconnect it there and replace the end to the light. Don't know the year of your bike, but this short wire with the socket is replaceable as part #33455-MCA-671. This is for 01 thru 05 models. :D
Thanks, that's good news. It's an 05.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred H. said:
Take the bulb out and inspect the socket. I bet you will find corroded contacts. Clean off the contacts and reassemble.
Fred this has happened with a couple bulbs. I even took the folded wires on the bulb and bent them outwards to make better contact. when I hold the pigtail in my hand it "was" working. As soon as I fold it to insert in the housing it stops working. Either a broken wire or the socket itself.

Would converting to LED solve the issue or does it use the same harness? I have clear lens in front BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts