GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a real head scratcher for you guys.
Went for a ride today and noticed my 4 way key switch, ENT switch, home switch, back switch, source switch, and all CB switches were totally inoperative. Seems I'm locked to FM radio with no way to change. All fuses have been checked and are okay. Has anyone else had a situation like this before or can anyone suggest anything I could check? Appreciate and help.

·
Registered
2019 Red/Black Tour DCT airbag
836 Posts
Do the equivalent center panel switches (home, enter, return) work (while stationary)? If so, it's probably a dodgy connector to the left handlebar switch cluster or the switch itself. That's a black 12pin connector under the left middle cowl (fairing).

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Mine has done it once, buddy's once. Mine was after some maintenance. I pulled negative battery lead for 10-15 minutes, seemed to do the trick to reset the system.

Reactions: fla_rider

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Tried disconnecting the battery overnight...no luck. Checked for stuck buttons...no luck. The center panel switches all work so I guess my next step will be to check the 12 pin connector AussieChris mentions above. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Do the equivalent center panel switches (home, enter, return) work (while stationary)? If so, it's probably a dodgy connector to the left handlebar switch cluster or the switch itself. That's a black 12pin connector under the left middle cowl (fairing).
You are the winner. Congrats. Good post. (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts