GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Board, What is the seceret to replacing rubber cap on the left hi-beam?
A large bundle of wires and no room for fingers. Any suggestions?
galewing

·
Registered
271 Posts
Left Hi-Beam Replacement

It's a real pain in the b...however it can be done...remove left side pocket...remove wire plug from back of lite housing...remove rubber cap cover...un-hinge bulb retainer...remove/replace bulb...put bulb back in lite housing...replace rubber cap cover...re-insert wire plug...may-be your wife with smaller hands could help...mine does sometime...that left hi-beam is a real pain in the bu...sorry it just ain't no easy way to change this baby...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LEFT HIGH BEAM HEAD LIGHT---REVISIT!

Board, Replacing the left hi-light is not so difficult. First remove seat,top shelter,
instrument cover, round al. brace. unclip large wire bundle, remove two
screws that hold wire connectors (3), intake duct and then place two bungies to pull wire bundles aft. Install German Hella bulb then replace
parts back to the instrument cover. Connect battery and test. NO LIGHT!!!
Repeat process to remove Hella bulb and drive to town. Buy two SilverStars from O'Rilley Auto Store-- one year warrenty-- return to hanger
install left bulb and test. Remove right Hella and replace right bulb. Test.
Reverse process. Not so hard. galewing

·
Registered
358 Posts
OR go to an '07 and the left high beam is easy to change from the looks of it with the pocket removed.

Ken

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I did my own low beams but my hands were simply too large to get to the Highs. I had the shop do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts