GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the photos form the Mason Jar I am the guy in the Gator shirt and hat.
I had to ride two up with Lee, because I lost my left rearview mirror. By
the time I got back to where it dropped, it had been run over at least twice.

I have posted on the WTB forum, checked e-bay, craigs list, Jack's cycle salvage in Sanford, Tony in Zephrhills, the for sale forum.

does anyone know where I can get a replacement mirror without replacing the entire turn signal mirror assembly for something in the neighborhood of $240 plus tax and or shipping?

Billb
Orlando
Black 02 w MotorTrike kit

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I think I have a left side mirror that I took out when installing the Muth mirrors. I will have to check the old parts boxes and see if it is still there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John:

Since you are in Orlando, I can save on both time and shipping cost. I really apprciate you responding so quickly. I look to hear from you about your search.

Billb
Orlando

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just went out & looked & I most definitely have both left & right mirror glass with mounting screw. If you still need a replacement,,,,,Got em

·
Registered
943 Posts
In the photos form the Mason Jar I am the guy in the Gator shirt and hat.
I had to ride two up with Lee, because I lost my left rearview mirror. By
the time I got back to where it dropped, it had been run over at least twice.
Billb
Orlando
Thats what happens when you wear those ugly colors!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved

A big Thanks to JohnACman, he not only had the part, but delivered iy and watched me instal it.

The mirror glass is the same for 2001 - 2010. Muth sells replacements for the turn signal included model under the sam SKU number. The plug and play is different for the pre 05 to 06 and following.

As for ugly colors, there are many who consider red and black to be ugly colors, especially when worn with silver britches.

We are proud to accept the help of those who weare the purple and gold of LSU when we are in need.

The SEC still rules.

Anyone who has mirrors they took off, and wants to sell them, while looking for mirrors I found those who list them on the for sale forum usually had at least one buyer within hours.

There is a definite demand for replacement mirrors.

The Muth turn signal mirrors can be found for as low as $169 a pair wth plug and play wiring, as compared to a $219.00 list price.

billb (Gator Bill)
Orlando

1 - 6 of 6 Posts