GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here and I thought I would report what fixed my flashing bag open warning. I had searched this forum and tried everything that was suggested. We ended up going to several dealers to have this issue looked at and finally found a mechanic who figured out what was happening. It was traced to the reverse switch relay. A new switch was ordered and my husband installed it. Now the left bag didn't flash but, the right one did and the bike wouldn't start. We put the original switch back in and were back to flashing on the left side. The bike would start and I was able to ride it. We went to another dealer and left the bike for them to check. It turns out that the replacement relay was also defective! Another relay was ordered and installed - I now have my gps screen back and no more flashing!
Another thing to watch out for and I don't think it was connected but, with having the seat on and off several times the main wire harness somehow got moved and was under my utopia backrest so there was some wear on a few of the wires.

·
Vendor
17,419 Posts
Another thing to watch out for and I don't think it was connected but, with having the seat on and off several times the main wire harness somehow got moved and was under my utopia backrest so there was some wear on a few of the wires.
Sorry to be so blunt, but anytime an aftermarket accessory is installed, unexpected consiquences occure. It is also likely that to put on that backrest, they had to remove the 2 screws that hold the relay box in place to make room for the backrest brace. But that may be the other brand that I am referring to. If your is one of those, the realy box is laying there loose on top of the rear fender. I too have to have a backrest, but generally, if it is not a Honda accessory, I don't buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts