GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 wing,I was wondering if you think they will still stand behind the service bulletin that they have on fixing the left saddlebag
I am having trouble opening it,thought if I could have them fix for free why not

·
Chard Member
12,844 Posts
The bike is over 18 years old! No they wont. It's a service bulletin, not a safety recall.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Likely not, but why not try? Toyota just did a recall this year on my 15 yr old 4Runner at no charge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Never hurts to ask. If not, maybe you can get the updated clip and do it yourself or pay to have it done. Might as well get the issue resolved.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Honda is not too good on after sale service much less a service bulletin from a long time ago. Time should not be a factor in the repair as it is still broke as it was years ago, what's the difference?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I also have that problem with my '02. After several temporary fixes I've resigned myself to using the backup opener in the hole in the trunk for the left saddlebag door. Let me know if you have better luck.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have that problem with my '02. After several temporary fixes I've resigned myself to using the backup opener in the hole in the trunk for the left saddlebag door. Let me know if you have better luck.
I did the same thing a couple temporary fixes but acting up again

·
Registered
821 Posts
Have you adjusted the thimble position on the end of the cable?
Saddlebag Linkage.jpg

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never hurts to ask. If not, maybe you can get the updated clip and do it yourself or pay to have it done. Might as well get the issue resolved.
If they don't fix it for me,I probably will pick up the rod and blue snap that they are talking about that fixes it
Have you ever replaced this rod and snap,
It doesn't look to difficult

1 - 15 of 15 Posts