GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bag release acts like it is not even hooked up. Heard there is a recall on the 2006 models. Hope someone can help me out.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
In your trunk on the left side is a small plastic button/cover. Remove that cover(snaps out) and stick your finger into hole and push a button,,,trunk will open. Then search this forum for the left saddlebag fix and cure that problem for good. Fred H. has it on his site.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I just sent you a PM

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Notorious for breaking. Had mine done twice ans is in need of third time. Its an 08 :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Notorious for breaking. Had mine done twice ans is in need of third time. Its an 08 :eek:4:
If you reposition the latch green plastic thing your problems will be no more.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
? Got pics, I'm game.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
That Fred H. link that I just posted shows quite a bit of detail which I didn't find necessary. Just reposition the green plastic tube into the middle slot and it works fine. It should only take 15 minutes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I replaced the plastic clip, (added small cable tie), adjusted the rods in the saddlebag, etc. The best thing IMO to do is slightly push in on the lid while operating the lever to open it. It takes pressure off the latches and the clips and everything else. Most people seem to be breaking the clips when they over pack the side bags, which puts more pressure on the lids, clips and the rest of the breakable things.

I found out the hard way, now I always put pressure on the lids while operating the levers. No problems in over two years.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My dealer fixed it in 10 minutes under warranty...he said he needed to adjust something from "5-to 3" ???? I didn't care , just wanted it fixed
and has been perfect since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts