GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the switch panel with the headlight adjuster, Hazard light switch etc.? I have a stuck driving light switch and need to get to the thing but can't figure it out. The service manual says to release the tabs but I can't get to the things. There is one on the left of the panel and two on the right. Any help appreciated. :?

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Remove the fairing trim strip. Remove the bolt under the strip holding the panel. Pry a little and the panel will come out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red,
I have taken the bolt out already. Where do you pry? Do I pull out on the fairing or what? I hate to use anything that might damage the paint around the switch panel. :?

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
There's a couple little nubs on each side of the switch panel. I've never had any trouble just popping them out. Maybe remove the golve box and push it out from the back. Many I have worked on actually fell out after removing the bolt.

Good Luck.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red,
Went back at it again and it practically fell out. Thanks a bunch. :D

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
amandabiker said:
Red,
Went back at it again and it practically fell out. Thanks a bunch. :D
I was going to suggest dynamite next. LOL... Glad it came out for you without using the "Big Boom"! :shock:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank the higher ups for the invention of Contact Cleaner. I have to find some of the other stuff with the Teflon lube with the cleaner. I think Radio Shack sells it. Maybe I ought to buy a small amount of dynamite too in case I run into any other problems. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts