GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a dealer with any leftover 2010 airbag models?

I lost my 2010 yellow airbag in the Bastrop Texas fires last week and am having no luck in finding another yellow to replace it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That sure is tragic. I feel for 'ya. Hopefully someone will be by soon to help you find your new 2010 airbag model.

Best wishes,
Dave

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
OUCH...sorry for the loss, but glad you/family are safe.

Have a friend that owns two Honda dealers in Arizona...call Joe and ask if he can help you. Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff 928-526-7959

Good Luck

Larry

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Someone posted a picture of about 40 yellow wings thats some dealer bought up...cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks like you lost your Tailwind as well.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Sorry for your loss and for all the people of Texas going through this!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I just talked to Honda of Houston and he said there are no yellow air bags in Texas. He has 3 yellow navi models in stock he will do at invoice if you use my name and ask for him. If intrested PM me and ill get you that info. you could be riding by this weekend.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try here.

2010-YELLOW-GL1800
2010 GL1800 WE BOUGHT THE LAST YELLOW GOLDWINGS HONDA HAD OVER 40 IN STOCK
  • THE LAST OF THE 2010 GOLDWINGS

• Sale $PLEASE CALL FOR SALE PRICE 828-693-4101

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
moh58,

That picture churns my stomach.

Looks like you just lost "Things" and hopefully insurance will make you whole, once again, not counting your aggravation!

Best of Luck to you and your neighbors on turning this loss around to a "Win"!

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the responses.

I have been calling dealers all day. Schroeders has yellows, but only in level 1.
Airbags seem to be rare in any color.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well...

Nothing on craigslist nationwide that's yellow and an airbag. Bummer. I did see some 2010 ABS yellow bikes, but none with airbags too. I think that's a very small market.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
521 Posts

If you talked to Mike Etheridge, he sold me my 2005 back in 2005. Glad you found what you wanted.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Bless it's heart, it didn't know to run... that pic almost made me cry.

Glad you found a replacement.... probably the last one of it's kind.

I have a question on the fire. Have seen a lot of pics on TV with houses burned to the ground, but the trees (as in your pic) seem untouched...?

In a "wildfire" how is the possible?

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I am not saying this is what happened in this case but there are two known causes of "missed fuel opportunities" that we spoke of quite a bit in the Fire Dept.

The first one is a bit interesting... when the fire is 'cookin' and the wind is a blowin' the fire can travel at great speed and distance across the tops of the trees. This is called crowning. Many times the fire is moving so quickly and burning so hot that it only toasts the very top of the tree, not giving lower fuel the chance to reach an ignition point.

THE 2nd is when the fire has gotten into the root structure and acttually travels underground These can be a bit tricky for obvious reasons which is another reason why Division Of Forestry makes nice large fire breaks with those dozers. Woods fires are not fun and can be quite unpredictable.

Obviously those who do not live in FL may not remember but we had one helluva fire storm in 98. Ended up on an ALS Pumper solo for quite some time, then shifted to woods truck, then our Engine, also did some tanker work too. We were being shuffled around like I had never seen. Stretched very thin.

I hate seeing fire damaged homes. Hits too close if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bless it's heart, it didn't know to run... that pic almost made me cry.

Glad you found a replacement.... probably the last one of it's kind.

I have a question on the fire. Have seen a lot of pics on TV with houses burned to the ground, but the trees (as in your pic) seem untouched...?

In a "wildfire" how is the possible?
I know what you're saying. It really doesn't make sense to me either, especially when you drive through the area. There are houses that were completely untouched, while houses on either side are leveled. My neighbor to the east is completely burned out, trees and all, while the house behind me shows no sign of fire at all.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts