GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Compare it to (csc) California Side Care, I hear they are top quality
California Side CARE????? that a new one? ;):joke:
just busting your chops there :lol::lol:

As for Lehman, they are as good as any, most of the major trike kits are good, the installer makes all the difference.....ride as many as you can, make you choice as for what YOU like and feels good to you....
remember Installer, installer, installer.....:yes1:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Solid axle=stiffer ride. If you wish to have a more compliant ride I doubt this make would be satisfactory.
Chuckie

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a 2006 Lehman Monarch II conversion and I have no problems at all. I like the no lean aspect of the trike and I agreee with all the installer is everything. Good installer good trike bad istaller bad trike.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
For WILD TURKEY. Please send me your email address and or phone number. I wish to talk to you. We are neighbors. I am [email protected] and phone (830) 755-8261.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lehman makes a nice trike kit, uncomplicated, functional and solid with a big trunk lid and not hardly any moving parts to worry about. All of the current kits are made well, but are only as good as the one who put them together.

·
Registered
126 Posts
After riding the other brands:oops: I picked the CSC. :p My wife liked the ride the best.:bow: If the cook is not happy, no one is happy:eek:4:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an 08 Lehman and have had no problems. The one thing that swayed me to the Lehman is the trunk lid. I checked out the CSC and Champion, I could just picture my wife useing the pull down lid as a resting place while loading the trunk. I myself like the stiffer ride.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Lehman trike

I have a 2006 Lehman, and for me, I could not ask for more in a trike. I went to the dealership with my mind made up to purchase a differnt conversion. At that time I owned a 1998 GL 1500 with a Lehman kit. It rode worse than a log wagon with square wheels, and the headshake was horrible:eek:4: Why then did I choose another Lehman ? After riding both the conversion that I THOUGHT I wanted and the Lehman Monarch 2, both built by the same installer, I prefered the Lehman. There is no comparision between the older Lehman kits and the Monarch 2. It is, as others have stated a simple, reliable, design with very few, if an, "buy it from me or it ain't available" parts. Others have given you the best advice, ride all the different brands you can and I think really get to KNOW the installer/seller. You have to buy what suits you. If I can answer any other questions for you, just let me know. Kruz ez, Dave

·
Registered
792 Posts
Don't ask about any trike. Go ride as many as you can and make notes on what you liked and don't like. This one rode this way, that one rode that way, test riding is how you get informed, plus it will make you happier because you got what you wanted because you know this is the trike for me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You, more than likely, will pay for the softer ride in maintenance costs down the road. Solid Axle not much to go wrong with it. Ride them all and make sure the installer is great.
I am curious, why do you believe there is more maintenance cost associated with a IRS?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey thank you all. i have rode the champion and roadsmith, and csc. friends have them. never a lehman. don't know anyone that has one. always wanted an 02 or 03 orange one. found it with matching bushtec trailer. so i couldn't let it get away.
NOW IF ALL THE BAD WEATHER WILL GO AWAY I CAN GO GET IT !!!!

i will let you know how i like it. thanks :excited:

·
Registered
254 Posts
tharris811...welcome to the board as a Lehman owner. I don't believe that you will be sorry !!:yes1::yes1::yes1: Let us know how you like it and show us the big smile in a picture.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Like lolead said Lehman Monarch 2 rides like a dream BUT Lehman Monarch 1 rides like a buck board So says my wife!!! I ride with Lolead he has a 2006 Lehman Monarch 2 and my brother has a 2003 Lehman Monarch 1 two different rides. I ride a CSC BUT would choose a lehman Monarch 2 for the trunk space if I had to do over again just love the look of the Lehman.
If I can help please let me know

1 - 20 of 26 Posts