GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice to see a healthy list of good and reliable vendors on the board.

on the other side of that idea, are definately some that folks have had poor experiences with. call me mr hard to please, but when i spend a pile of cash, i require certain things to happen, like what i paid for in a timely manner.

russell day long seats is on the top of my poor vendor list. i ordered a $ 500 plus seat build up on my pacific coast. they gave me a production date , and i shipped my seat to them. well the date went by for the seat to be done, and each day i hopped the ups dude would bring it. so about three weeks go by and still no seat. a couple phone calls and no one was in whom could check on the progress of my order or even tell me if it had been shipped.

by the time i did get a person to talk to, its almost 5 weeks after the promised date. so i talk to a person and tell him i am checking on my bike seat. without asking my name, he states that is will be on the bench that afternoon, to get started and will be done in about two more weeks. i called him from my cell phone, so there was no caller id, so he didnt know my name. he was just telling me a bs story.

i gave him my name and instructed him to return the seat to me without any modification.

sorry i cant be done like that, not for over $500, not for any amount.

russell day long seats gets my poor service award.

loren

·
Registered
262 Posts
Poor service award

I'll give the award to Clearview Shields. Almost four weeks ago I ordered an extra tall windshield from them. They were making me a 5" over standard shield for $154.23 total cost. I was told the shield would get to me around the 28th of January. I was happy.
One week ago I called & was told they were making the final cut & I should have it in a few days. Yesterday I called, was told they would check on shield & call me back. No call back. Today I call again, & am told that the shield should get on the truck today. I cancelled the order.
I can't imagine 4 weeks to cut a piece of plastic & ship it.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Re: Poor service award

Jim McCarty said:
I'll give the award to Clearview Shields. Almost four weeks ago I ordered an extra tall windshield from them. They were making me a 5" over standard shield for $154.23 total cost. I was told the shield would get to me around the 28th of January. I was happy.
One week ago I called & was told they were making the final cut & I should have it in a few days. Yesterday I called, was told they would check on shield & call me back. No call back. Today I call again, & am told that the shield should get on the truck today. I cancelled the order.
I can't imagine 4 weeks to cut a piece of plastic & ship it.
I can't defend the customer service, but they are a small firm and make their windshields in batches as they get the orders. That helps to reduce their overhead. My experience with them is that their product is well worth the wait, and that they will do what it takes to make the customer happy once the shield is in the customers hands.

Sorry to hear that you cancelled your order. Looking back on my experiences with Clearview, I will be doing business with them in the near future (once I get my tax refund). There's a +4 with a vent in my future.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Customer service

I can understand a small company running behind in production. That was not a problem with me. The problem I had was having to keep calling to find out about my shield, being told a different story each time, & here I sit four weeks later still without a shield. They have my phone number & my e-mail address. Had they used either of them, I'd be a bit more patient. If they follow this board, let them contact me & make it right. I still need a shield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts