GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Gene Lester from Hensley, Arkansas(nearer to East End) just south of Little Rock. I've been riding motorcycles since the 60s and have owned 4 Goldwings, a 80 standard, 81 used to be interstate but now a standard (still have it) a 93 Aspy, and now a 05 1800. I have also owned Yamahas, Harleys (2 of them) and other Hondas. Am also a member of another popular GW forum for several years. Have been a member of the GWRRA for several years, although not at the local level. I'm retired from the military, but I'm still working. I work on my own bikes, and I don't care what you ride, as long as your having fun, and using a little common sense. Anyway, thats about it.

Gene;)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi Gene. I'm Dave & just north of you in Missourah ! Welcome Aboard ! I've been riding bikes since mid-70's. My 1st ride was a itty-bitty Honda 50 that was flat given to me when the kiddo it was intended for refused to ride it !

I finally "graduated" to a Goldwing just a few months ago in Jan. !

adios - Dave / Silver '09 / Missouri

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello, Gene, from Texas and welcome!

Michael

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
One more hello from Canada, eh!

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
62 Posts
Howdy from Texas.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Big welcome from "Canada" Gene. Do you get many comment on your wings color?? I think it really is the best!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big welcome from "Canada" Gene. Do you get many comment on your wings color?? I think it really is the best!
I've had a few, most like it, some say it should have one of them little stop signs that pop out when I'm loading or unloading, I call it my big Bannana on wheels.:biggrin:

Gene:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gene, check out my sig line

we are having a goldwing event next week
Unfortunately, I already have plans for next weekend, I promised the better half that I would start working on the rear deck and the front porch of our house. Thanks for the invite though. I usually plan out get-togethers far out in advance. I have a meet and greet in ES 4-7 Sept with my friends from the goldwingfacts.com forum, and a few other trips this year. But I do really appreciate the invite.:thumbup:

Gene:lol:

·
Banned
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
glester - That is a familiar handle to me. I came here from the Stave Saunders board, too. I still check on the goldwingfacts daily because of the great people that I've met on it. Nice to see you on this one too, glester!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts