GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let us not forget the primary reason we have motorcycles. Regardless of our age, mode of transportation, club memberships and life style we all LOVE TO RIDE. I happen to belong to the GWRRA and yes I have even been to a Dairy Queen,but then again I have also been to Hog Rock and any time you mix beer, bikers and naked women it makes for so interesting times. Our chapter is made of all kinds of people and types of motorcycles. We have Gold Wings, Harleys, Trikes, Yamahas. Our ages are from 26 thru 80.Some members that ride with us do not even belong to the GWRRA, they just LOVE TO RIDE Obviously there is a wide range of other interests which makes for some interesting conversations. Now that I have said that lets all face up to the fact that there has always been a riff between “Wingers” and Harley riders, but I think that in the last 15 years or so that gap had narrowed and I hope someday it disappears altogether. Last but not least lets get off this thing about the calendar in WW. I love good looking sexy women and as long as I am breathing that will not change, so bring them on. I would imagine that there are some women in this forum that also like good looking men with tight butts, so let’s get over it and lets JUST RIDE

Dick "Duddlie"

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
what a novel idea

lets ride

i guess all this political crap is a result that so many folks are weather impared right now

i didnt see the calendar, and really dont get all excited by that stuff

but really, has anyone been to a beach, a mall, or driven past a high school lately

i am sure you would see much more skin at either place

lets ride and forget the political correctness and bologna

loren

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think someone else said it, we all have a bad case of cabin fever. Sorry for the rant. Some people were calling others "Wingers" and people replying back saying "Don't call me a winger". Some people were calling some of or more "Seasoned" riders "Dudlies" and last but not least the feeding frenzy over that stupid calander thing Oh Well....

I was in need of a mental enema. It will not happen again. My new trunk spoiler from Direct Line gets here in a couple of days. If anyone is interested they have a great deal on them now just $211.00, no shipping or sales tax

Dick

PS Bulldog my new lift will be here next week

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron...

In my last post I wanted to ask you how do you determine how much over the speed limit someone must go before you will give them a ticket. I know what your reply should be but we are all just friends here...

Dick

·
Registered
589 Posts
Saw this sticker at BikeOctoberfest last fall

"20 years ago you wanted to kill us, now you want to be us"

My, My, how times have changed. ( :flg: FOR THE BETTER :biker: )

·
Registered
156 Posts
Big D wrote
In my last post I wanted to ask you how do you determine how much over the speed limit someone must go before you will give them a ticket
I tend to be fair (IMO) I only write for 15 M.P.H. over the posted limit.But every situation is different also.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Well its raining here.

but ....I have the wing apart for the EC power panel install .. about 15 minutes. Lewis, a nice unit !

The Tulsa aux driving lights are almost done.

next, the brake light modulator for the spoiler light.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Tony!! I would just love to have some rain here. It would be one of those times I just might go out in it on purpose.

Dick

PS Ron... I now know whick state I will spend some time in this spring :p Don't worry I won't tell

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rain

Hey Dick,
You said you wanted so rain.............Well, if it isn't there yet just hang on. The ice storm is on the way. Passing thru West KY right now. My driveway is like an ice rink as are the local streets and highways.
Jerry

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jerry...

I have been down your way many times. Although it's probably old hat to you there are many nice rides for us "Wingers" down there. You could do worse and live here, the cornfields are great. No thanks keep your ice. Right now it's just colder than a well diggers butt. Good day to put another chrome goodie in the toy. Winter has just got to be the best time for all the aftermarket companys

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tony..

Where do you pick up your modulator for your spoiler? Mine is due next week. Aside from looking cool it might get someones attention

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tony...

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered one. The price sure is reasonable

Dick :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let's Just Ride

Big D......Not sure where that other officer lives but, here in Jacksonville, Florida, most of the guys agree with 10-15 over the posted speed limit. However, like Pearl stated.....a lot depends on the location and situation. If in a school zone.....zero tolerance. On an expressway, 15 over....see what I mean?
Above all, my advice is to be honest when asked how fast you were going and be pleasant......NEVER be argumentative, as, you WILL lose that argument.

Be safe!

John Frascello

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John..

You are right on. I was just speaking about interstates. What prompted my question was a trip back from the Keys last August. Our group was on route 75, I believe just outside of Tampa. When we got on the posted limit was 55, and eventually went up to 75. We were being blown off the highway by everone including the big rigs. For some distance we were going a little over 85 and still getting passed by almost everone. I feel most comfortable at 70 and was just curious.

Dick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.