GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of us have campers where the mfg has gone out of business. I thought it might be interesting to post what camper you have and how you may have had to fab parts for it and how you did it or maybe where you found parts for it. Or maybe any alterations you may have made to it.

I have a 1984 Travlite Camper.

The only thing I have had go wrong with it is that I've found that plastic over that many years gets brittle and will break. The great thing about that is that somebody on this forum offered a suggestion where to look to find the parts. They said to see if parts for a Bimini Top would work. That were right on.

I had two different things break on it that were plastic. My local bass pro shop had both items in stock. They were the exact items for a Bimini Top.

http://www.basspro.com/SeaSense-Bimini-Top-Accessories-Jaw-Slide/product/52420/-1014672

http://www.basspro.com/SeaSense-Bim...roduct/52416/-1014644?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you need canvas repairs or something made check out someone that repairs and makes Bimini Tops and or makes boat covers, awnings etc...
They have heavy duty sewing machines

a hint on canvas.. have it double stitched.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I can help

Well with some stuff , I work in a machine shop and love to fabricate stuff. Metal /plastic just send me pieces of what's broke and or very detailed prints and I would be happy to help , as I owe you camper people a great deal as if wasn't for answering all my questions I would still be clueless. Pm me for home phone number and address Or email [email protected]

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well with some stuff , I work in a machine shop and love to fabricate stuff. Metal /plastic just send me pieces of what's broke and or very detailed prints and I would be happy to help , as I owe you camper people a great deal as if wasn't for answering all my questions I would still be clueless. Pm me for home phone number and address Or email [email protected]
That's awfully nice of you to offer. That's what I love about the forum...folks helping folks.

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
That's awfully nice of you to offer. That's what I love about the forum...folks helping folks.
Most of ya all rock and I help,out who I can all the time anyway :thumbup: it's my way of paying everybody back for so much that has been done for me:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a Travelite trailer also. The only part I've replaced so far is the canvas cover. Took it to a local Tent and Awning shop where they made me a beige colored cover that goes well with the dark brown of the body. Took it apart down to the frame this year to clean and restore it. Am now looking for hooks to replace the ones that hold the cover on. Broke 2 last month. Wish I had that front awing like you have. May be going back to the Tent and Awning shop again. It's nice to see that someone else out there has the same trailer. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts