GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Krista had asked me last night what I wanted for my Bday. I told her I know I want a new windshield for my bike. Then she asked me what kind. Well thats what stumped me. I like the Windbender, but do not want her to spend that kind of money on one. Whats with the new Tulsa's? The F4 I have seen also. Not sure if that one is a gimmick or not. I tried to get some exact answers from the owner and I could not get them. I do have the mirrow wings, my wife does noesnt ride a whole lot, but when she does I want her to be comfortable. I lower the windshield in the rain because I dont want two shields to look thru. Defintley want a vent again. So what are yalls thoughts.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode RRixx's bike with the WindBender. Not to take anything away from it, but my helmet had a pretty good whistle noise while riding. I think I would want more protection than those.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Toyo said:
I rode RRixx's bike with the WindBender. Not to take anything away from it, but my helmet had a pretty good whistle noise while riding. I think I would want more protection than those.
There's different models and shapes. Did you look at Yellow Wolf's?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I liked my Windbender. Had a buffet at highway speeds in the low position. No buffet with it raised. The wife could tell a difference on the back with the Windbender, also. I have heard that the distortion is bad with the new Tulsa. The regular Tulsa requires careful mounting and dismounting of the bike so as not to bonk your head on the edge of the windshield.

I liked looking over the shield with the Windbender as opposed to looking through the Tulsa.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Windshields

Hey Toyo,
To me a shorty windshield looks the best and makes the Wing sportier. That being said I have a extall tinted and vented Tulsa, why you say?? Practicallity and comfort. But hey if you can have the best of both worlds with the Windbender I say go for it. I'll sure be checking it out. T.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bill, We have Cole's Bday party today at 1:00. Come by if you want to do some tree climbing. I will at least be taking my bike. Central Park of of Exit 17.

Dice, I am leaning more towards the F4 shield. Do any of us have any experience with them?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Toyo said:
Bill, We have Cole's Bday party today at 1:00. Come by if you want to do some tree climbing. I will at least be taking my bike. Central Park of of Exit 17.
That's where Kay D used to work; maybe we'll swing by with the pooch in the Cooper.
I want cake...

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Toyo,

I have been working with the F4 Custom folks. They are for real and not a "Gimmick".

They will be at Cats-Cade. installing and hawking their line of goods..

I am glad to have them join the vendor team at Cats-Cade.

Bulldog

·
Premium Member
19,853 Posts
The perfect windshield is not out there- to me an improvement would be a
F4 material with an adjustable Windbender height and an optional wiper

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,815 Posts
dicepilot said:
I have heard that the distortion is bad with the new Tulsa. The regular Tulsa requires careful mounting and dismounting of the bike so as not to bonk your head on the edge of the windshield.
I liked looking over the shield with the Windbender as opposed to looking through the Tulsa.
I don't believe Tulsa with it's long reputation for quality would ever sell a windshield that has distortion in it. There is no distortion in my Tulsa. I have also never had a problem with hitting my helmet on the windshield when mounting or dismounting my bike.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Toyo said:
I dont remember. I think RRixx has the full blown model. Electric, tall type.
Steve

I have the shortest HP version available and it was set at it's lowest position when you rode it which is where I like it since I am shorter than you. I bought it 5 years ago and I know they have many more models now. When I ride I get no wind on my face unless I want to. One of the beauties of the WB.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Rick, I couldnt remember what yours was set at. I will look into those as well.

The main answer I want from from F4 is the pitting issue. They gurantee against scratching, but mine gets pitted from just simply riding it. Mine is not scratched at all, just pitted real bad. I could not get an direct yes or no from them in regards to this issue.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Steven, see if you can ride someone's with the windbender st. I have both the hp like Rixx and also the st. At high speeds I get a lot of buffeting on the hp but no where near as much with the st. Tim

G

·
I switched from the stock windshield to the F4 +2 with vent this year at the Honda Homecoming. I am 6'3" and sit tall in the saddle. I could never get rid of the head buffeting with the stock shield. I usually ride with the windshield all the way down but now, since it is getting colder, I have raised it up 2 clicks. What a difference! Head buffeting nearly all gone, no more cold shoulders and the I can still look over the top of the windshield. When I slouch I can still see through the shield very clearly, much much better that the stock one. I have no regrets whatsoever. For me, the F4 was a good decision. The only way it could be better was if it was offered with an electric option to move it up and down while on the road.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just installed my new tulsa oem +2 tinted with vent yesterday. I sit very tall in the saddle and with it full up I can either look over or through with a slight slouch. It is optically perfect. It is noticeably larger and definately better than the stock. I still get more wind gusting than my Valk state with the tall tulsa however.

·
Registered
756 Posts
After talking with some people at Catscade last year I went ahead and bought the Windbender ST. I can only compare it to the factory stock windshield but I really like it alot. I was a little leary of riding in rain with it but I actually stay a some what dryer due to the extended width. I get alot less buffeting at any height. I like the adjustable features. Most of the time I keep it in the lower position but now that its getting colder I've raised it up a couple notches. Nice to have a choice!
I did get a killer deal on the windbender as I bought it off a friend of mine who only used it very little. I'd probably buy another one just like it if something happened to this one, although the F4 sounds interesting too.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.