GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Lewis:

Quick question here. In 2002, I purchased the Polk Speakers for the rear. In 2005, I came down to you and had you install my amp and some other stuff and you also replaced my failed rotted rear speakers. You noted that I may have installed the baffles incorrectly causing the water to pool. You replaced them and installed the new baffles, etc.

Recently my speakers started sounding like crap again so I took them apart tonight and found them to be rotted again, however the baffles did have cuts in the top and bottom as you had installed them.

Here's my question. Is this a common issue? I'm not looking for a warranty reapir or anything free. In fact, I am probably doing the Sony Xplods in the rear (and front too eventually) but wondering if there is anything I should be doing to prevent this in the future. You installed the baffles with the holes at the bottom so I assume it was correct. Seems that the speakers should last more than 3.5 years, but I also did 50K and all weather riding, etc. I don't wash my bike (as you know) so it certainly is not from direct water.

Anyhow, your thoughts are appreciated before I button it back up with the Sony's.

Thanks,

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might get an answer from others here -- as for Lewis/EC, which not just e-mail them at the link on their web site.

Actually I left two voice mail messages for him and sent two or three emails over the last few months and saw no response. Figured he might still check the board once in awhile.

I'm working in TN now and moving there shortly, so I'll just stop in one day when I have time. Figured I was not the only person with the same issue and all could benefit from his response.

Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts