GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lewis, & any others

I’m trying to decide between Kriss and Kisan headlight modulators. I’d rather modulate the low beams only and am looking for the easiest installation possible. Being the electronics guru that you are, what’s your pick?

Thanks,
Mike (mp06011999)
'05 GL1800 (non-abs)

Not looking for opinions on using them (mind is set) , but rather on which one to buy. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I like the Kisan so well its one of the few things we sell that we don't make. Plugs in (just make sure it is plugged in well...they can be a stinker). Good customer service if you need it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Kriss has terrible customer relations

·
Registered
146 Posts
mp06011999 said:
Lewis, & any others

I’m trying to decide between Kriss and Kisan headlight modulators. I’d rather modulate the low beams only and am looking for the easiest installation possible. Being the electronics guru that you are, what’s your pick?

Thanks,
Mike (mp06011999)
'05 GL1800 (non-abs)

Not looking for opinions on using them (mind is set) , but rather on which one to buy. Again, thanks!
I use the Kissan's on my low beams. Very easy to reach and plug in to, took less the 20 minutes.

regards

·
Registered
751 Posts
Kriss or kisan

GW Wilkins said:
Kriss has terrible customer relations
I really like my Kriss dual Modulator headlight. The install was not too bad.
I would have to agree about the customer service on the Tech side......Needs great improvement. :?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Personally, I like the Kriss model... as it allows me the flexability, with the flip of a switch, to run my lights with:

* no modulation
* low modulation only
* high modulation only
* both low & high modulation

The installation, while tedious & involved, was not overly difficult provided you have basic mechanical skills, tools, and a place to do it.

Now, for anyone who cares... in re Kriss customer service, you may want to check out some info from a post I made last year (Dec 05) about my experience with them:

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... s&start=50

Start on page 3 of the thread, 3rd post down. There are a few comments, and then it continues in the 7th or 8th post on that page.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the Kissans on my low beams. Very easy to reach and plug in to, took less the 20 minutes
So eventhough the Kisans say that they're for the high beams, you can install them on the lows just the same? I really want them on the lows.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
mp06011999 said:
I use the Kissan's on my low beams. Very easy to reach and plug in to, took less the 20 minutes
So eventhough the Kisan's say that they're for the high beams, you can install them on the lows just the same? I really want them on the lows.
The only downside to doing this is you can not easily turn the modulator off if they are attached to the low beams, (when attached to the high beams you simply turn the high beams off). Disabling a low beam Kisan modulator can be accomplished by putting a cover over the daylight sensor.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kisan Tailblazer & Headlight Modulator

I just installed my new Kisan Tailblazer. :idea: Just for safety, in case it ever fails and I lose all my brake lights, I went ahead and spliced in a jumper wire that will jump or bypass the Tailblazer in the event it stops working. I ran a wire loop into the trunk, cut it and added terminal ends to both halves and put black duct tape over it all. Now if the Tailblazer ever fails I simply pop the trunk, pull off the duct tape and plug the two halves back together thus bypassing the Tailblazer and I’m on my way with brake lights working normally.

:idea: I installed my new Kisan Headlight modulators on the low beams simply because you can easily reach them right down the forks. There’s no having to remove the pockets or anything- EASY. I did remove the left pocket as I placed the light sensor right at the opening in the left pocket where the headphone wire runs- no drilling. I was installing the EC cig lighter in that pocket anyhow. Also, I crimped in the terminals on the headlight modulators before installing so they’d be super tight and hopefully stay put.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts