GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Tennessee and I have built a trailer for my motorcycle. Tennessee does not require that I put a licenses tag on this trailer, but I plan on pulling it to other states that may require licenses. Has anyone had to deal with being pulled over or getting a ticket for not having a tag on a trailer in a state that requires one while traveling through? I am thinking about getting a tag just so I do not have problems.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
If the tag for the trailer is fairly inexpensive, I would do so as to avoid any headaches while travelling through other states.

No tag on the trailer will get attention in other states. I know that it would here in "debt filled and revenue hungry" Illinois, who just raised our tag fees...yet again... without any announcement. :(

G

·
Gee good point - Minnesota just switched over to lifetime trailer licenses. No plates just a sticker decal for the hitch.
I would assume that is good enough for other states.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Minnesota not only switched over to permanent "lifetime" registration they will give you a ticket if you get caught with the plate on your trailer!

·
Registered
700 Posts
License Plate in Tennessee - YES

orangegw, The law changed over a year ago regarding license plates on trailers in Tennessee. You are required to have a license plate, check with your county clerk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts