GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...a few of months ago I traded my VTX for a new wing. The dealer put this ugly $.38 plastic license plate holder on the back. If I had been paying attention, I would have snagged the one off my VTX, which also came off my Harley of several years ago. I purchased a Tulsa holder, but when I went to put it on, the OHIO plate is way too big for it, and the holder doesn't even cover the bracket on the wing. Leave it to Ohio to make an oddball size plate. I notice that most of the time, size is not given in the adds. I just would like a plain quality chrome frame with no lights. Anyway, does anybody have a suggestion for "who" makes a plate that fits both the 06 wing and the Ohio plate. The plate is 7 x 4.750, which I can trim a little. I appreciate any help. Since I broke my leg, I been "tinkering" with stuff on the scoot. Should be able to ride about Xmas I think, snow and all....ha ha...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I purchased a chrome one (7" x 4") at Walley World for $8.00. Been using the same one for about 4 years (2 different bikes) and it has not rusted or started peeling yet.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
alway ran around frameless and felt great untill a few years ago when i had to get one of those Ironbutt plate frame things

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do you have the "yellow" plate or the red white and blue plate? I haven't found anything to fit the yellow but I thought the RWB was changed to the more common size.

Rick

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the RWB plate that sez Ohio Bicentennial on it. Maybe I should get a new plate....I guess I will have to take the dang thing with me and hit some auto or MC stores around the area and get a fit. What a pain...............

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I squeezed my OHIO plate in a frame from Deals Gap. (The Dragon 318 curves in 11 miles) It just covers a little bit of the top part of the OHIO on the plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts