GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always looking for the silver lining in any negative environment and today's was this.

While filling up my Wing today I noticed the price of diesel fuel is finally back under the price of regular unleaded. My local ma&pa station had diesel priced at $1.75 and regular unleaded at $1.79.

Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:excited:

Don Saenz
Sanger, TX

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Diesel is still $2.09 here, but way lower than a few months ago. I can actually fill the work truck for under $100 now. Last summer it took over $200 to fill once a week.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
N-Joy it while you(we) can !!!

I found it amazing that I can fill up my car for what it USED to cost me to fill up the Wing !!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Regular is still $2.099 here. :frown:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sucks to be you guys, we have to pay £1 a litre here, or about $5.79 per U.S gallon. :eek:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sucks to be you guys, we have to pay £1 a litre here, or about $5.79 per U.S gallon. :eek:
...and over here is....?????

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not to drift the thread here, but I understand that the European trend (UK included) is to tax the heck out of gasoline and fund even more social spending with it. So, their excessive gas prices are tax-driven. US gov't is planning the same insanity. "If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, tax it some more. If it stops, subsidize it!" :evil:

It would be interesting to see the cost per gallon (for an equal basis) of US and Euro fuels, with the tax burdens entirely removed to see how the actual production and distribution costs compare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts