GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max,

What do you figure is the lifespan of your suspension components? Your video says to service them every 20K as I recall. Will the springs wear out? Bushings? Seals? Etc?

Thanks

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
tomfranken said:
Max,

What do you figure is the lifespan of your suspension components? Your video says to service them every 20K as I recall. Will the springs wear out? Bushings? Seals? Etc?

Thanks
That's a good question.

Seals and bushings will wear at the rate they would regardless. They are stock Honda parts, and we don't modify them.

We have never had to warranty a spring after 9 years.

The cartridges will be used by a Wingers for more miles than our racers did, but under much easier conditions. So really, what the life span is, we don't know.

But they are made in every way to FAR exceed the quality of the OEM parts. Key to the longevity of our parts is the hard coat anodizing on the Cartridge Rod and the Cartridge Body. These are the two sliding parts. They simply won't wear out as far as we can tell.

We have serviced Sheila Winnie's bike (Motorcyclemom) for the second time last week, and she had done 50,000 miles on our AK-20s. The cartridges were absolutely as mint as the day we installed them. That's the highest mileage we know of so far.

Having said this, we do have a written warranty:

http://www.traxxion.com/technical.limitedwarranty.shtml

:)

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Tom,

If you are going to keep your bike even one year longer, you ought to have the forks serviced and some springs installed. You would be quite shocked at the improvement that would make for a reasonable amount of money. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Max, r u ever gonna develop a system for us guys who also own the dreaded Harlys as well as Wings...Would be nice to have a setup for the Ultra Classic...

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
The AK-20 kit can be installed in most any front fork. Here is a picture of a AK-20 kit in a 99 Harley-Davidson Heritage Soft Tail fork.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Cant ask for better service than that!

Tom, For the benefit you get from just the springs is amazing. Max could be getting 5 times what he charges for these springs in my opinion. They make a huge improvement. The best $125.00 bucks I ever spent on the bike.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
So Bill,After looking at the turn you were just in,Why can I see a lot of day light between the right engine guard and the asphalt,What was the problem?? you following a funeral?? LOL

BTW ,Nice looking bike. 8)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Rocky.......I was following a buddy on a Harley (really) this time through. He's got a nice bike.......says he doesn't like dragging parts.

Or.....how about........I slowed down so they could get a real good picture of me!

Or.....just wait till I get my Traxxion springs....and watch me go!

Take care,
Bill

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Toyo said:
Tom, For the benefit you get from just the springs is amazing. Max could be getting 5 times what he charges for these springs in my opinion. They make a huge improvement. The best $125.00 bucks I ever spent on the bike.
I'd say he needs the front springs and the rear rebuild; still a bargain and would keep his bike on the road for at least another 100K miles.

FF said:
Max,
Do you have different springs for different weight riders?
Fat guys need to know
I've got his heaviest springs and they work well for my 280 lbs., weight-lifting wife, and all our gear. We can even ride pretty quick.
Not like Yellow Wolf or Toyo, but pretty quick for 2-up...

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
FastFreddie said:
Max,

Do you have different springs for different weight riders?

Fat guys need to know

FF
You "Fast"... not "Fat".... :lol: :wink:

Yes we do.

We call 'em "The Bubba Springs" around here for slang.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
CBC_Bill said:
Rocky.......I was following a buddy on a Harley (really) this time through. He's got a nice bike.......says he doesn't like dragging parts.

Or.....how about........I slowed down so they could get a real good picture of me!

Or.....just wait till I get my Traxxion springs....and watch me go!

Take care,
Bill
Hey Bill,
Tell em to just try draggin' a peg
when you're goin' down a 45 degree decline
like it looks like in that pic. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

1 - 20 of 22 Posts