GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following Craftsman lift.
Has anyone tried lifting a 2018 with a lift of this type? If so, how did it go?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's a Chinese piece. You can find it here. You have to be really careful when buying Chinese sourced stuff. Quality varies to say the least. The standard for bike lifts are those from Handy. They are American made and literally last a lifetime. Sometimes you can find them used from a dealer going out of business. I've had mine for probably 25 years. They cost more new than the Chinese imports but you can totally rely on them when lifting your $30K motorcycle :)

Marc

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Exciting news!

I happened to stop at a local Goldwing shop, and after being in business for over 23 years, they are closing their doors.
Well, that is not good news, but I did get to buy their lift they have been using for working on Goldwings for many years, and I got it for $150.00.
It uses air to lift the table and has a rear removable ramp, along with a clamp up front where the front tire rests to hold the bike straight.
Now I just need a couple of muscular men to put it in my truck and unload it at my house. ( I guess muscular women would be ok, I don't want to discriminate)

I am so excited.
I've got 3,400 miles on my bike and the 4K oil change is coming up, so I will be able to get familiar with it real soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts